CURRENT AFFAIRS FOR COMPETITIVE EXAMS
- India and Fiji have signed a MoU on Defence Coopertion. The MoU was signed in the presence of Union Defence Minister Arun Jaitley and the Minister of defence and national Security of Fiji Ratu Inoke Kubuabola .
- India and Germany have signed 12 key agreements following the bilateral delegation level talk between Prime Minister of Narendra Modi and Germany Chancellor Angela Merkel.The agreements inked includes Nine joint Declarations of intent (JDI) and three Memorandum of Understanding.Besides these talks the two nations also agreed to resume the free trade talks between India and European Union.
- According to recently released 'India Development Report' by World Bank India got 120th rank out of 131 countries.The share of women in services and industry in India is less than 20%.
- India is going to have its own GPS system from 2018.India's own navigation system 'NavIC' will be operational by early 2018.
- Union Health minister of India Jagat Prakash Nadda has been chosen for WHO Director General Special Recognition Awards for accelerating India's tobacco control initiatives.
- 'World No Tobacco Day' is observed across the globe on May 31.The theme for the World No Tobacco day 2017 is "Tobacco-a threat to development".
- The United States has been successfully tested its defence system against an Intercontinental Ballistic Missile(ICBM) for the first time.
- India's GDP Growth rate slowed to 6.1% in the fourth quarter of 2016-17 from 7% in preceding quarter due to the effect of demonetisation on economy.
- Harmanpreet kaur, the captain of India's women T20 team has become the first Indian Women Cricketer to play in Kia Super League,the England T20 league.
- Indian skipper Virat Kohli has got 3rd rank ICC Top 10 ODI batsman ranking and bcome the lone criketer from India to feature in the list.