Wordlist For Competitive Exams 2017
- Meaning in Hindi - मनाना, मिलाना, शान्त करना, मिला लेना, समझौता करना, प्राप्त करना, समाधान करना, सन्तुष्ट करना
- Meaning in English - to end a disagreement or someone's anger by acting in a friendly way or slightly changing your opinions, or to satisfy someone who disagrees with you by acting in this way:
- Meaningful Sentence - An independent adviser has been brought in to conciliate between the two sides involved in the conflict.
- Synonyms - pacify, winover, reconcile
- Antonyms - provoke
- Meaning in Hindi - पाक शाला संबंधी, रसोई का
- Meaning in English - connected with cooking or kitchens:
- Meaningful Sentence - My culinary skills are limited to boiling water (= I am not very good at cooking).
- Synonyms - kitchen, pertaining to cooking
- Meaning in Hindi - डरा देना, डरा कर रोकना, डराकर रोकना, डराकर उड़ाना, डराना, रोकना
- Meaning in English - to prevent someone from doing something or to make someone less enthusiastic about doing something by making it difficult for that person to do it or by threatening bad results if they do it:
- Meaningful Sentence - These measures are designed to deter an enemy attack.
- Synonyms - frighten, discourage, hinder
- Antonyms - encourage
- Meaning in Hindi - मोहित करना, दास बनाना, मंत्रमुग्ध करना, ग़ुलाम बनाना
- Meaning in English - to keep someone completely interested:
- Meaningful Sentence - I was always enthralled by the rotary engine, and thought it was a neat idea.
- Synonyms - thrill, hold spell bound
- Antonyms - unnoticed
- Meaning in Hindi - खाली करने वाला, थकाने वाला, परिपूर्ण, पूरा, पूर्ण, विस्तृत, व्यापक
- Meaning in English - complete and including everything:
- Meaningful Sentence - The police came up empty-handed despite an exhaustive exploration of the suspect’s home.
- Synonyms - comprehensive, run, down
- Antonyms - energetic
- Meaning in Hindi - अर्थदर्शक, घातांक , , प्रतिनिधि , प्रतिपादक , व्यख्याता
- Meaning in English - a person who supports an idea or belief or performs an activity:
- Meaningful Sentence - Adam Smith was an exponent of free trade.
- Synonyms - one who advocates an idea
- Meaning in Hindi - अस्थिर, आकस्मिक, बेढंग, बेतरतीब, लापरवाह, संयोग का
- Meaning in English - not having an obvious order or plan:
- Meaningful Sentence - He tackled the problem in a typically haphazard manner.
- Synonyms - random, careless, accident
- Antonyms - organised
- Meaning in Hindi - आनंददायक, उल्लसित, प्रफुल्ल, प्रसन्न, प्रसन्नचित, हास्यप्रद
- Meaning in English - extremely funny and causing a lot of laughter:
- Meaningful Sentence - He didn't like the film at all - I thought it was hilarious.
- Synonyms - mirtful, merry, very funny
- Antonyms - serious
- Meaning in Hindi - मूलभूत, वास्तविक, सच्चा, स्वाभाविक, अन्तर्भूत, ज़ाती, अंतर्भूत
- Meaning in English - being an extremely important and basic characteristic of a person or thing:
- Meaningful Sentence - Maths is an intrinsic part of the school curriculum.
- Synonyms - essential to basic nature
- Antonyms - acquired
- Meaning in Hindi - खातिर, जगह , बदला, स्थान
- Meaning in English - the post or function properly or customarily occupied or served by another
- Meaningful Sentence - The paintings were left to the nation by the Duke of Norfolk in lieu of inheritance taxes.
- Synonyms - room, place, instead