Word List For All Competitive Exams 2017Constraint
- Meaning in Hindi - अभिनव, अभिभव, अवरोध, कृत्रिमता, जबरदस्ती, दबाव
- Meaning in English - something that controls what you do by keeping you within particular limits:
- Meaningful Sentence - The constraints of politeness wouldn't allow her to say what she really thought about his cooking.
- Synonyms - compulsion, restraint tension
- Meaning in Hindi - अधीन, आज्ञाधीन, दब्बू, नम्र, नेक, वश्य, विनयी
- Meaning in English - quiet and easy to influence, persuade, or control:
- Meaningful Sentence - The once docile population has finally risen up against the ruthless regime.
- Synonyms willing to obey, teachable
- Antonyms - disobey
- Meaning in Hindi - क्षीण, दुर्बल, निर्बल, कृशकाय
- Meaning in English - very thin and weak, usually because of illness or extreme hunger:
- Meaningful Sentence - There were pictures of emaciated children on the cover of the magazine.
- Synonyms - lean, wasted, thin, lanky
- Antonyms - powerful
- Meaning in Hindi - यथार्थ, उचित, ठीक, निष्पक्ष, न्यायसंगत, न्यायोचित
- Meaning in English - treating everyone fairly and in the same way:
- Meaningful Sentence - The equitable jurisdiction of the court appears to have been established.
- Synonyms - unblased, impartial, fair, just
- Antonyms - partial
- Meaning in Hindi - चाकर, टहलुआ, नौकर, सेवक
- Meaning in English - a domestic servant
- Meaningful Sentence - The former is exemplified in the labour of the manufacturing workman, the latter in that of the menial servant.
- Synonyms - servile, mean, low, servants
- Antonyms - land lord
- Meaning in Hindi - छलना, ठगना, बहकाना, भुलाना, धोखा देना, मोहित करना
- Meaning in English - to make someone believe something that is not true:
- Meaningful Sentence - He's deluding himself if he thinks he's going to be promoted this year.
- Synonyms - deceive, mislead, impose upon
- Meaning in Hindi - परितृप्त, परिपूर्ण, पूरा, भरपूर, भरा हुआ
- Meaning in English - full, especially with food:
- Meaningful Sentence - After two helpings of dessert, Sergio was at last replete.
- Synonyms - filled, wellstorked, complete
- Antonyms - empty
- Meaning in Hindi - बलवा, राजद्रोह, विद्रोह, विप्लव, संक्षोभ
- Meaning in English - language or behaviour that is intended to persuade other people to oppose their government
- Meaningful Sentence - The rebels were arrested for sedition when they protested outside of the dictator’s palace.
- Synonyms - revolt, mutiny, agitation
- Antonyms - untanimous
- Meaning in Hindi - हठी, सख़्त, सख़्त, दृढ़ पकड़नेवाला, सख़्त पकड़नेवाला, अटल, आग्रही
- Meaning in English - holding tightly onto something, or keeping an opinion in a determined way:
- Meaningful Sentence - The baby took my finger in its tenacious little fist.
- Synonyms - iron-will, retnetive, adhesive
- Antonyms - flexible
- Meaning in Hindi - अनैतिक, बेईमान
- Meaning in English - not conforming to approved standards of social or professional behavior
- Meaningful Sentence - I do not believe that unethical behavior can unknowingly occur if a leader has proper values and intentions.
- Synonyms - immoral, wicked, dishonour
- Antonyms - honourable