Vocabulary For Competitive Exams 2017Absorbent
- Meaning in Hindi - अवशोषी, अवशोषक पदार्थ
- Meaning in English - the ability to absorb liquid
- Meaningful Sentence - Sterilized cotton is much used by doctors as an absorbent absorbing
- Synonyms - drier, sucker, drainer
- Antonyms - wetness
- Meaning in Hindi - अवचूषी, अवशोषक, दिलचस्प, शोषक
- Meaning in English - Something that is absorbing is very interesting and keeps your attention
- Meaningful Sentence - I read her last novel and found it very absorbing.
- Synonyms - arresting, captivating, exciting, riverting, gripping
- Antonyms - boring, repulsive, uninteresting, irksome
- Meaning in Hindi - रसातल, वितल, नर्क, अगाध गर्त्त, अतल समुद्र, गहरा कुंड, नरक कुंड
- Meaning in English - a very deep hole that seems to have no bottom
- Meaningful Sentence - If your young guide had made one false step, we would have plunged into the abyss.
- Synonyms - chasm, void, depth, hole, gulf, pit, abysm
- Meaning in Hindi - शान्त करना, हलका करना, शांत करना, कम कर देना, निराकरणकरना, घटाना
- Meaning in English - If you allay a strong emotion felt by someone, such as fear or worry, you cause them to feel it less or to feel calm again:
- Meaningful Sentence - The government is trying to allay public fears/concern about the spread of the disease.
- Synonyms - quiet, moderate, calm, lessen, abate, pacify
- Antonyms - aggravate, agitate, incite, increase, intensify, irritate, upset, worry
- Meaning in Hindi - नाम रहित, अज्ञातकृत, अस्पष्ट, गुमनाम, नामरहित, बेनाम
- Meaning in English - made or done by someone whose name is not known or not made public:
- Meaningful Sentence - The money was donated by an anonymous benefactor.
- Synonyms - nameless, incognito, unsigned, unnamed, undisclosed
- Antonyms - known, named, identified
- Meaning in Hindi - देना, मानना, छोड़ देना, छूट देना, मान लेना, स्वीकार करना, प्रदान करना, झुक जाना, हार मानना
- Meaning in English - to admit, often unwillingly, that something is true:
- Meaningful Sentence - The government has conceded (that) the new tax policy has been a disaster.
- Synonyms - grant, give up, confress, cede, accept, admit, allow
- Antonyms - defend, deny, disallow, disapprove, dispute, fight, hold, keep
- Meaning in Hindi - काटना, घटाना, छांटना, कम करना, छोटा करना, संक्षिप्त करना
- Meaning in English - to stop something before it is finished, or to reduce or limit something:
- Meaningful Sentence - With all the snow, our daily walks have been severely curtailed.
- Synonyms - cut back, decrease, diminish, halt, cut, cramp, dock, lop
- Antonyms - develop, enlarge, expand, extend, grow, increase, lengthen, raise
- Meaning in Hindi - डराना, धमकाना, धौंसना, भयभीत करना, वश में करना, निरुत्साह करना
- Meaning in English - to make someone feel slightly frightened or worried about their ability to achieve something:
- Meaningful Sentence - She was not at all daunted by the size of the problem.
- Synonyms - horrify, scare, terrify, baffle, appall
- Antonyms - assist, calm, comfort, delight, encourage, hearten
- Meaning in Hindi - देख लेना, पता लगा लेना, गौर करके समझ लेना, जानना, ताकना, देखना, पहचानना
- Meaning in English - to see or notice something or someone:
- Meaningful Sentence - Miss Bates, passing near the window, descried Mr Knightley on horseback not far off.
- Synonyms - behold,detect,determine, discern, disclose, espy, note, observe
- Antonyms - be blind, conceal, hide, ignore, miss, neglect, overlook
- Meaning in Hindi - महाकाव्य, काव्य जिस में वीरों का वर्णन हो
- Meaning in English - a film, poem, or book that is long and contains a lot of action, usually dealing with a historical subject:
- Meaningful Sentence - The story of king Arthur and his knights is a famous epic.
- Synonyms - rhyme, verse, poem, sage