CURRENT AFFAIRS FOR COMPETITIVE EXAMS
- The Union Government has launched a campaign named 'Darwaza Band' for promotion of toilet usage in the rural areas across the country.Veteran actor Amitabh Bachchan who leads the campaign will be joined by Union Minister for Drinking Water and Sanitation Narendra Singh Tomar and the Chief Minister of Maharashtra Devendra Fadnavis at a formal launch event to be held in Mumbai.
- Union Human Resource development minister Sri Prakash Javadekar has launched an Anti-Ragging Mobile app to tackle the menace of ragging in university campuses.through this mobile app students can register complaints regarding ragging.
- The Union government has expanded the Banks Board Bureau by adding two members.Former Allahabad bank chairperson and managing director 'Subhalaxmi Panse' and private equity player Pradip Shah have been inducted in the board as independent members.Currently 'Banks Board Bureau(BBB)' has been headed by former comptroller and auditor general Vinod Rai.
- The Central Government run 'Prasar Bharati' has got into an agreement with Morocco's 'Societe Nationale de Radiodiffusion et de Television' (SNRT) to step up cooperation in broadcasting sector.the MOU has been signed during fifth India Morocco Joint Commission Meeting(JCM) in Rabat, the capital of Morocco.
- The Governor of Manipur Najma Heptullah has been appointed as the Chancellor of jamia Milia Islamia,New Delhi.
- The Gujarat Cooperative Milk Marketing Federation (GCMMF) has signed an agreement with Indian Space Research Organisation(ISRO) in order to get help in identification between food crops and fodder crops at village level and also identify suitable areas of current fallows and cultivable wastelands at village level for Green Fodder Cultivation.
- As per recently conducted survey by 'Delloite' indian tax laws are perceived to be second most complex in the Asia-Pacific region.
- The Chief Minister of Goa Manohar Parikkar has announced that the upcoming ban on buying or selling of plastic bags violating which defaulters can be fined upto Rs 5000.
- The employees provident fund organisation has given its approval to hike in investment limit in Exchange Traded Funds(ETFs)to 15% from the existing 10%.
- The reserve bank of india is going to launch new One rupee notes .The new notes will be predominantly Pink-Green in colour and the design of the reverse side will consist of picture of 'Sagar Samrat',the oil exploration platform.
- Sebestian Vettel of Ferrari has won the 2017 Monaco Grand Prix at the Circuit De Monaco,La Condamine and monte Carlo,Monaco.
- Indian woman fencer C A bhavani devi has won Gold in Turnoi satelite Fencing Championships at Reykjavik (Iceland).She has become the first Indian to win Gold at International Fencing event.
- Constantine Mitsotakis, the former Prime minister of Greece has passed away.He has been remebered for his confrontations with Greece's liberal and socialist parties.
- Yoshie oka, the first person to raise alarm outside Hiroshima that the Japanese City had been hit by an Atomic Bomb has died at the age of 86.