CURRENT AFFAIRS FOR COMPETITIVE EXAMS
This current affairs update comprises of all necessary topics related to national news, financial news, International News,Sports news etc that are asked in competitive exams, regularly study this and get prepared for the current affairs section.
- Nagpur, 'the orange city of India' has got country's first fleet of electric vehicles.this fleet will have 200 electric vehicles including taxis ,buses, e-rickshaw and Autorickshaws and all of these vehicles will be fully owned by cab aggregator 'Ola'.
- The four nation tour of Prime Minister Narendra Modi kick started with his first visit in Germany.He will visit Germany,Spain,Russia and France and there are various agendas in his list like Trade and commerce, economic co-operation and counter terrorism etc.in Germany he will take part in Inter-governmental consultations.
- Vadodara, the 10th cleanest city in India has made a world record for the maximum number of people sweeping at a single venue.about 5,058 residents of the city came together and achieve this feat at Akota, an urban area.
- The Federation of Indian Chamber of commerce and Industries (FICCI) "Smart police"award has been given to Pune city police.the award has been presented by BJP Member of Parliament Meenakshi Lekhi to Pune Police Commissioner Rashmi Shukla.
- The State government of Manipur has declared Dailong village of Tamenglong as a Biodiversity heritage site of the state.
- The apex space research institute of India the ISRO is all set to launch its most powerful launch vehicle GSLV MarkIII into space.
- The Indian oil Corporation has become the most valuable public sector unit in the country after 70 percent jump in its net profit which stood at Rs 19,106.40 crore in the financial year ended march 31,2017 and overtaking another PSU 'ONGC'.
- Mr. Mukesh Ambani led Reliance industries has retained its top position as India's most valuable private company after posting a net profit of Rs 29,901 Crore.
- The union defence and Finance minister Mr. Arun Jaitley has inaugurated DRDO's new Aeronautical Test range specifically for UAVs in Karnataka.
- BSF officer Mr. love raj Singh Dharmshaktu has become the first Indian to scale Mount Everest for the record sixth times.
- The '29th May' has been celebrated across the world as international Day of United nations Peacekeepers.This day has been celebrated to pay homage to those peacekeepers who lay down their lives in a mission to uphold peace.
- World's most valuable company 'Apple' has opened its first store in South Asia in Singapore.
- The people Republic of china has launched a national satelite navigation and positioning system.this system consists of 2700 base stations , a national database centre and 30 provincial level database centres.
- The Union Government has selected five merchant banks to manage government's 3 percent stake sale in IOC.these five banks are SBI capital markets,ICICI Securities , Deutsche Equities ,Goldman sachs and Citigroup.
- Satyabrata Rout , a professor of S N School of Arts and communication has been named winner of the 2016 Sangeet Natak Akademi Puraskar winner.
- Priyanka Chopra won the Dadasaheb Phalke award in 'Internationally acclaimed actress category'.
- South Korea has won the badminton's Sudirman Cup at Australia's Gold Coast.It become champion for the first time in 14 years by beating China by 3-2.