CURRENT AFFAIRS FOR COMPETITIVE EXAMS
This current affairs update comprises of all necessary topics related to national news, financial updates, International News,Sports news etc that are asked in competitive exams, regularly study this and get prepared for the current affairs section.
- As per the data of World Economic Forum (WEF) on UN habitat data two Indian cities Mumbai and Kota emerged in the World's most crowded city's list.The financial capital of India Mumbai came in the second place which is home to 37100 people per square kilometre area and Kota with home to 12000 people per square kilometer cam in the seventh place.
- India's longest bridge the Dhola-Sadia bridge in Assam has been inaugurated by the Prime Minister Narendra Modi.The Prime Minister has nmed the bridge after legendary singer Bhupen Hazarika.The Brodge is 9.15 kilometer long and has been built over the Brahmaputra river.The bridge will reduce the distance from Rupai in Assam to Meka-Roing in Arunachal Pradesh by 165 KM.
- President Pranab Mukherjee has received the first copy of two books 'Mann Ki Baat-A Social Revolution on Radio' and 'Marching with a Billion-Analysing narendra Modi's government at mid term ' .The speaker of loksabha Sumitra mahajan has formally released the books at a function in Rashtrapati Bhavan.
- The Vice-President of Google for South-East Asia Rajan Anandan has been appointed as the new chairman of 'Internet and Mobile Association of India'(IAMAI).he will replace freeCharge's co-founder an chief executive officer 'Kunal Shah'.
- The Makemytrip Chairman and Group CEO Deep kalra has taken over charge as a vice-chairman of IAMAI.
- The olympic silver medalist P.V.Sindhu has been elected to the 'Badminton World Federation Athlete's Commission'.the 21 year old Indian topped the ballot with 129 votes.She has been elected for four years.
- The Indian all-rounder Ravichandran Ashwin has won the International Cricketer of the Year Award at the CEAT Cricket rating International awards 2017.