CURRENT AFFAIRS FOR COMPETITIVE EXAMS
This current affairs update comprises of all necessary topics related to national news, financial updates, International News,Sports news etc that are asked in competitive exams, regularly study this and get prepared for the current affairs section.
- The External affairs Ministry and the Human resource Development ministry have launched an online verification portal 'e-sanad' to make the process of document verification easier who planning to study abroad.
- The state owned telecommunication company BSNL has launched satelite phone service through INMARSAT which will be initially offered to Government agencies and later offered for general public in phased manner.This INMARSAT service will cover areas where no networks are present .many emergency service agencies like State police,railways,Border Security Force and other government agencies will be given the phone in first phase.
- IIT Kharagpur has signed a Memorandum of Understanding(MoU) with State Government of Madhya Pradesh's 'Rajya Anandam Sansthan' .Basically the Rekhi Centre of Excellence for the Science of Happiness will measure the Happiness of Madhya Pradesh to see how much happy people of Madhya Pradesh is.
- A new book named 'Winning like Virat: think and Succeed like Kohli' which is authored by Abhirup Bhattacharya has been unveiled.
- Socialist Lenin Moreno has been sworn in as the Ecuador's President.Mr. moreno has won on the promises of maintaining social programs of his left leaning predecessor Rafael Correa.
- The Reserve Bank of India has decided to constitute the 'Oversight Committee' to operationalise the banking ordinance to tackle the bad loans that soared over Rs 8 lakh Crore.
- The Entrepreneurship Development Institute of India(EDII),Gujarat and ITC Liited have won the prestigious Porter Prize 2017.
- Two Indian soldiers Rifleman Brijesh Thapa and Ravi Kumar who were on UN Peacekeeping mission have been honoured with UN Medal 'Dag Hammarskjold medal' for courage and sacrifice in the line of duty.