CURRENT AFFAIRS FOR COMPETITIVE EXAMS
This current affairs update comprises of all necessary topics related to national news, financial updates, International News,Sports news etc that are asked in competitive exams, regularly study this and get prepared for the current affairs section.
- Shri Piyush Goyal ,Union Minister of State (I/C) for Power,Coal, New and renewable Energy and mines has launched a mobile app named 'SEVA'(Saral Eindhan Vitaran Application)in New Delhi.the app 'SEVA' is part of 'Digital India' initiative and developed by Coal India Limited for Power sector Consumers.
- The state government of Maharashtra has decided to form 'Good Morning' squads to monitor and stop open defecation in villages and districts across the state.these squads comprises of representatives of local bodies, NGOs,students and social workers working in the area of sanitation and cleanliness.
- 'The India 2017' yearbook has been released by Union Home Minister Rajnath Singh.The book is penned by union Home secretary, Shri Rajiv Mehrishi.
- The Prime minister of Nepal Pushpa Kamal Dahal 'Prachanda' has resigned from his Prime Ministership and paving the way for Nepali Congress President 'Sher Bahadur Deuba' to become the next Prime Minister of Nepal.this resignation is ina ccordance with a pact signed on August 2016 when Mr. Prachanda was elected the Prime minister with Deuba's support.
- The country of 'Rising Sun' Japan is going to built a war museum at the Hillock at malba lokpa in bishnupur District in Manipur where a japanese camp was located during the course of World ear 2.
- Bank of Baroda and IFFCO have rolled out their first set of co-branded debit cards for farmers to push digitalisation and cashless economy.This co-branded credit card has inbuilt overdraft of Rs 2500 in special savings bank account and this could be used for purchase of various agri products at IFFCO sale counters.two lakh credit cards will be issued initially to the farmers begining with the Uttar Pradesh,Bihar,Rajasthan and Madhya Pradesh.
- Karnataka bank Ltd has tied up with HDFC Capital Asset Management Limited(HDFCML) to sell its mutual fund products in its various branches.
- TATA Sons has appointed Shuva Mandal as the Group general counsel after the incumbent Bharat Vasani quit the role .
- The former Ethiopian Health Minister Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus has been chosen as the head of the World Health Organisation(WHO).He is the first african since the creation of UN to head WHO.