CURRENT AFFAIRS FOR COMPETITIVE EXAMS
This current affairs update comprises of all necessary topics related to national news, financial updates, International News,Sports news etc that are asked in competitive exams, regularly study this and get prepared for the current affairs section.
- As per the data released by 'International Stainless Steel Forum' in the recently concluded ISSF Conference in Japan, India has become the second largest steel producer in the world after China in 2016.The steel production in India rose to 3.32 million Tonne in 2016 an impressive growth of about 9% over 3 million tonnes achieved in 2015.
- The union minister of Railway Mr. suresh Prabhu has inaugurated the WiFi facility from Kudal railway station at 28 railway stations of Konkan Railway. The Indian railways has tied up with M/s SYSCON/JOISTER for provisions of 2 Mbps peer to peer 24 hours Wi-Fi Internet Bandwidth at 28 stations of Konkan Railway.
- Prime Minister narendra modi has inaugurated various projects of kandla port Trust in Gujarat.He unveiled plaques to mark the laying of foundation stone for the construction of the Dr. babasaheb Ambedkar Convention Centre and the development of 14th and 16th general Cargo berth.
- The Israel Aerospace industry has signed a deal worth of 630 million US Dollar with India to supply advanced long range Surface to Air missile for Indian navy's four ships.
- The United Nations has publicly released a draft treaty banning the possession and use of all nuclear weapons .This draft treaty has been backed by 130 non-nuclear states to prohibit nuclear weapons and persuade nuclear arm states to disarm.
- Rehana Ameer,the Indian origin UK entrepreneur has become the first indian-born woman to be elected to the London.She contested from the Vintry ward in the city of London county as the Independent candidate.
- The 'HDFC Life' has launched an artificial intelligence based insurance bot 'SPOK' that can automatically read, understand, categorize, prioritize and respond to the customer emails sent to the private insurer.
- Federal bank has launched a new trading platform for its customers named 'Selfie' in association with 'Geojit'.
- India's R Vaishali has won the women's title with eight points from nine rounds in the Asian Continental Blitz Chess Championship in Chengdu, China.
- Indian businessman 'Mathunny Mathews' has died at the age of 81 in Kuwait.He was known as one of the heroes who made possible the world's largest civilian evacuation in known history.