CURRENT AFFAIRS FOR COMPETITIVE EXAMS
This current affairs update comprises of all necessary topics related to national news, financial updates, International News,Sports news etc that are asked in competitive exams, regularly study this and get prepared for the current affairs section.
- Anshu Jamsenpa from Arunachal Pradesh has become the world's first woman to scale Mt. Everest twice in five days.
- Scientists at NASA have named a newly discovered organism discovered by them after the much loved A.P.J Abdul Kalam.The name of the newly discovered organism is Solibacillus Kalamii.The species name is after Dr. Abdul Kalam and genus name is Solibacilus which is a spore forming bacteria.
- The state of the art high speed train Tejas Express which can run upto 200 Kmph has made its maiden trip between Mumbai and Goa.the premiere train will cover distance of 579 km in 8.5 Hours with halts at Dadar, Thane, Ratnagiri and Kudal.The 15 coach train has two classes one is 'Chair Car' and 'Executive Chair Car' and equipped with facilities like Secured gangways, automatic doors ,LCD screens, Wi-Fi.Tea-coffee etc.
- The Jaipur Literature festival kick started in London.London Library, the world's second largest library by number of items catalogued will host it.
- The Annual Joint Humanitarian Assistance and Disaster Relief exercise'KARAVALI KARUNYA' had been conducted by Western Naval Command of Indian navy at Karwar.
- The Second prototype of Hindustan Turbo Trainer-40(HTT-40) has completed its maiden flight.
- Anti-terrorism day is celebrated across the country on 21st May.this day is celebrated as the anti terrorism day since the sad demise of former primer minister of India Mr Rajiv Gandhi.
- 22nd May had been celebrated as the International day of Biological diversity across the Globe.The theme for 2017 was 'Biodiversity and sustainable tourism'.
- Azraq Refugee camp in Jordan has become the first refugee camp to run entirely on solar energy.
- The Karnataka bank limited has entered into a corporate agency partnership with Life Insurance Corporation of India to sell LICI's products in its branches.
- The Paytm Payments Bank has rolled out its banking operation.the newly launched paytm payment bank has offered 4% interest rates on savings bank accounts.
- Legendary actor Soumitra chaterjee and Y.C.deveshwar have been conferred upon the Bengal's highest civilian award 'Banga Samman'.
- Prasant Ranganathan ,the Indian origin boy has won world's largest pre college science competition 'The Intel International Science and Engineering Fair' in environmental engineering category.
- Alexander Zverev defeated Noval Djokovic by 6-4,6-3 to win the Italian Open 2017 at the age of 20 years,He has become the youngest player to win a Masters 1000 event since Djokovic won it at the age of 19.
- The Real Madrid football club has won the prestigious Spanish LA Liga title for the record 33rd times.
- The Bengaluru FC has become the champion of recently concluded 38th Federation Cup Football tournament by defeating Mohun Bagan at the final by 2-0 in the final at Cuttack, Odisha.