CURRENT AFFAIRS FOR COMPETITIVE EXAMS
This current affairs update comprises of all necessary topics related to national news, financial updates, International News,Sports news etc that are asked in competitive exams, regularly study this and get prepared for the current affairs section.
- Embassy of India in Abu Dhabi and CGI (Consular General of India) Saudi Arabia in partnership of iSPIRIT will host two day long 'Start-up India Summit' in UAE on 23rd nd 24th May,2017.This is the first such 'Start-up Summit' bing held in UAE.The main aim of this summit is to provide a start-up eco system in both UAE and India .
- NITI Aayog hold the first Samavesh meeting in order to bring 32 premier educational and policy research institutions to fast track the country's development process.in pursuance of the Prime Minister's call for a new India 2022 the meeting is held under the co-chairmanship of shri Amitabh Kant,CEO and Sri ratan P watal,principal advisor of NITI Aayog.
- Union Science and Technology minister harsh vardhan has been given the additional charge of the Environment ministry following the death of union environment minister Anil Madhav Dave.
- The Annual meeting of the African Development Bank(AfDB) will be inaugurated by Prime Minister Narendra Modi on 23rd May,2017 at Gandhinagar Gujarat.this is the first time in the history of AfDB that India will hold its annual meeting. the theme of this event is 'Transforming Agriculture for Wealth Creation in Africa '.
- For the first time in the last 30 years Indian army gets its much needed modern artillery gun .the indian army received two 155mm/39 caliber ultra Lightweight howitzer artillery guns from BAE systems of United states of America.
- The national green tribunal has given a ruling and banned open defacation and dumping of wastes on the floodplains of yamuna.an environment compensation of Rs 5000 should be paid by those who violated the order.The NGT also constituted a committee under the jal Board chairman to oversee the execution of work pertaining to cleaning of the river.
- The softbank of Japan has made an investment of Rs 9000 Crore in mobile wallet payment service Paytm.this is the largest fund infusion by any single investor to infuse such amount in Indian start-up.
- Paytm has appointed its long time executive and vice president Renu Satti as the CEO of Paytm payment bank.