CURRENT AFFAIRS FOR COMPETITIVE EXAMS
This current affairs update comprises of all necessary topics related to national news, financial updates, International News,Sports news etc that are asked in competitive exams, regularly study this and get prepared for the current affairs section.
- The central government has given its approval for signing and ratifying an agreement between India and Tajikistan on cooperation and mutual assistance in custom matters.This agreement will help in the availability of relevant information for the prevention and investigation of customs offenses.the cabinet also gave its approval for the Multilateral Convention measures to prevent profit shifting and base erosion.
- The union cabinet has approved signing of Fuel supply agreements (FSA) with Letter of Assurance(LOA)holders of Thermal Power Plants (TPPS) and introduced a new more transparent coal allocation policy for Power Sector,2017-SHAKTI(Scheme for harnessing and Allocating Koyala(Coal)transparency in India).
- The Minister for Social Justice and Empowerment Thaawarchand Gehlot has inaugurated the "15th national meeting of the State Commissioners for persons with disabilities " to review the implementation of the persons with disabilities (Equal oppurtunities,Protection of rights and full participation )act-1995.
- The Union cabinet has given its approval for construction of 10 indigenous Pressurized Heavy Water Reactors.This decision will fast track India's domestic nuclear power program, will help Nuclear industry to develop reactors for domestic markets indigenously.
- Venkaiah Naidu, the union minister of information and broadcasting has announced a round the clock 'Doordarshan' channel for Jharkhand.
- 14th Goods and Service tax(GST)is being held at summer capital of Jammu and Kashmir Srinagar. The 14th GST Council meeting will be headed by Union finance Minister Arun Jaitley.
- The first aquatic rainbow technological park of indi is going to be developed in Chennai.This technological park will have n ultra modern facility for ornamental fish equipped with multi-species hatchery and live feed culture units.this park will become operational in coming three months.
- The digital payment and wallet service provider 'Paytm' has got principal nod from Reserve bank of India to set up Paytm Payments Bank which will start its operation from 23rd May,2017.
- Shri Bandaru Dattatreya ,the minister of state for labour and employment(IC) has launched EPFOs Citizens charter 2017 and e-court management system in Bangalore.
- M S Boje gowda has taken over the charge as the chairman of 'Coffee Board'.
- Reliance industries chairman Mr. Mukesh Ambani has given top rank in Forbes magazine 'Global Game Changers',who are transforming their industries and changing the lives of billions around the world.
- Veteran actress Reema Lagoo has passed away . due to cardiac arrest at the age of 59.She was famous for her role in movies like 'Hum Aapke Hain Kaun','Kal ho na ho' etc eading movies.