CURRENT AFFAIRS FOR COMPETITIVE EXAMS
This current affairs update comprises of all necessary topics related to national news, financial updates, International News,Sports news etc that are asked in competitive exams, regularly study this and get prepared for the current affairs section.
- The Union Home Minister Rajnath Singh has inaugurated the second meeting of 'National Platform for Disaster Risk Reduction'(NPDRR) in New Delhi.This year's theme was 'Disaster Risk Reduction for Sustainable Development'.
- A committee named 'Maa Committee' has been formed in Uttar Pradesh comprises of six members from all section of the society.The committee has been announced by Uttar Pradesh education minister Anupama Jaiswal.
- India and Chile have expanded the 'Preferential Trade Agreement'.Under this agreement both countries has lowered duties on number of items traded wth each other.Chile has given offer on 1800 goods on where as India has offered concessions on 1,031 products including vegetable oil, pharmaceuticals ,plastic and pearls.
- The Prime Minister of Narendra Modi has launched the 'Narmada Seva Mission' for the reservation of 'Narmada river' .
- Lhakpa Sherpa, the 44 year old Nepalese mountaineer has broken her own world record of 'Most Everest Summits' by a woman after scaling the World's tallest peak for the eighth time.
- The youngest ever president of France 'Emmanuel Macron' has named 'Edouard Phillipe'as the Prime Minister of France.
- The HDFC Life has entered into a bancassurance tie up with 'Catholic Syrian Bank'.Due to this tie up HDFC Life will be abled to distribute its products to the bank's customers.
- The FICCI(Federation of Indian Chamber of Commerce)has predicted that India's GDP will grow at the rate of 7.4% for fiscal 2017-18 with a minimum level of 7% and maximum level of 7.6% respectively as per a survey conducted by FICCI.
- The Chief minister of Sikkim Pawan Kumar Chamling has been conferred upon the first ever 'B.S.Sekhawat Lifetime Achievement Award' for his public service .The award was conferred by President Pranab Mukherjee.
- Arvind Kumar Rengan,Assistant professor in Department of Biomedical Engineering at IIT-Hyderabad has been awarded with prestigious 'Indian National Science Academy ' medal in the Young Scientist Category 2017.