DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS UPDATE
FOR UPCOMING GOVT. EXAMS
This current affairs update comprise of all necessary topics related to national news,financial updates, International News,Sports news etc that are asked in competitive exams,regularly study this and get prepared for the current affairs section.
- The prime minister Narendra Modi has inaugurated the integrated the case management system of the supreme court in presence of Chief Justice of India J.S.Khehar.This new Integrated case management system will enable litigants access data and retrieve information online and will be a step towards a paperless system in the Supreme Court.
- The Union Government has set up a high level task force to compute timely data on employment in the country.This move will help government to frame policies and take steps that can create jobs in the country.This task force has been created under the chairmansip of NITI Aayog's vice chairman Arvind Panagaraiya.
- The Russian Deputy Prime minister Dimitry Rogozin has arrived in New Delhi on a one day visit to attend IRIGC-TEC meeting.
- India celebrated 11th May as 'National Technology Day'.On this day India achieved a major technological breakthrough by successfully conducting Pokhran,Rajasthan.This year's theme was 'technology for inclusive and Sustainable growth'.
- The 29th edition of Co-ordinated patrol (CORPAT)between India-Indonesia commenced in Port Blair.The Indonesian naval ship 'KRI Sutedi Senoputra'has arrived at haddo Wharf,Port Blair to mark the commencement of the IND-INDO CORPAT.
- Two minesweepers of the Indian navy 'INS Karwar' and 'INS Kakinada' has been decommissioned after being in service for over 30 years.The final decommissioning ceremony was held in Mumbai inj the presence of navy Chief Sunil Lamba.
- The Indian railways is going to float global tenders worth over 100 Crore for acquiring 'End of Train Telemetry'to run 1,000 trains without guards.The EOTT system comprises of two units -one unit called 'Cab Display Unit' fitted on the locomotive and the other is 'Sense and Brake Unit'(SBU)fitted on the last coach or wagon of the train.
- The Security and Exchange Board of India (SEBI)has allowed investors to buy mutual fund schemes for up to Rs 50,000 through digital wallets .This move is part of the efforts to promote digital payments in the MF industry and channelise the Domestic household savings into the capital market.
- The public sector Bank 'Dena bank' has become the first lender to classify Videocon industries as a bad loan ,with the default on payments.The bank has declared 'Videocon Industries'account as Non Performing Asset(NPA)in the fourth quarter ended march 2017.The total exposure of the lenders to the electronic goods maker is at approximately Rs 40,000 Crore.
- India's first International Financial Services Centre(IFSC)has tied up with 'Gujarat National Law University'(GNLU)to collaborate on skill development efforts for skill development in the field of International Financial services and regulations.The GNLU will introduce new course from June 2017 semester.It will also organise a program for lawyers covering Intrnational Arbitration,IFSC and related fields.
- The Union government has appointed Sanjay Mitra,The Road Transport and Highway secretary as its new Defence Secretary in a top level bureaucratic exchanges.He will replace incumbent G.Mohan Kumar .
- The Social Media platform 'Twitter India' has appointed 'Taranjeet Singh' as country director of India.
- 'Konkona Sen Sharma'has been named the best director for his directorial debut 'A Death in the Gunj'and best actress for 'Lipstick Under My Burkha' at 2017's New York Indian Film festival.(NYIFF).
- The National Basketball Association (NBA)has inaugurated the Country's first ever academy in Greater Noida.
- Arjun Tulshiram Pawar,former Minister in Maharashtra state government has passed away .He has won from Kalwan constituency for several times.