DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS UPDATE
FOR UPCOMING COMPETITIVE EXAMS
This current affairs update comprise of all necessary topics related to national news,financial updates,international news,sports news etc that are asked in competitive exams,regularly study this and get prepared for the current affairs section.
- The Union Cabinet has approved Vijaywada airport of Andhra Pradesh as International Airport.As per the Andhra Pradesh reorganisation act the decision has been taken.This airport will have cargo facility that will facilitate agricultural export .
- Nitin Gadkari,the minister of road transport and Highways has inaugurated two exhibitions,they are 'The Highway Saga:Past Present and Future' and 'Safe road and Interstate Highways Transforming India(SRISHTI)'at Vigyan Bhawan in New Delhi.
- Chattisgarh has successfully auctioned its third limestone block Kesla-II to Dalmia Cement with the highest bid 96.15% of IBM(Indian Bureu of Mines)prices which are 20 times more than the reserve price.This Kesla-II block is situated in Tilda Tehsil of Raipur District of Chattisgarh and covers over 357 Hectares of area with an average grade of 43% Cao.
- The State Government of haryana has announced that it will set up a Police Public Schools in all subdivisions.The main aim of setting up this school is to provide best education facility to the children of Police Personnel in the state by the end of 2018.
- The Chief Minister of Madhya Pradesh Shivraj Singh Chauhan has inaugurated world class defence equipment manufacturing unit 'Punj Llyod Defence System'in Bhind District.
- The Asian infrastructure Investment bank(AIIB)has approved USD 160 million loan amount for a power project in Andhra Pradesh.This loan amount is first loan approved by AIIB for any Indian project. This loan amount will be utilised for strengthening Power transmission and distribution system in Andhra Pradesh.
- The UN Economic and Social Commission for Asia and Pacific (ESCAP)has launched its annual report 'The Economic and Social Survey of Asia and the pacific 2017 '.In this rport it is predicted that India will grow up to 7.1% in this year.
- The Union Cabinet has cleared the ordnance to amend the banking regulation Act.This amended regulation act will give mor power to Reserve bank of India and its committee to act on behalf of the banks while deciding on NPA.
- Chintan Srijanand Braj Bihari Kumar,the editor of quarterly journals Dialogue 'Chintan Srijan' has been appointed as the Chairman of the Indian Council of Social Science Research(ICSSR).He will succeed famous economist S K Thorat.
- For the first time in last 21 years India has made it to the top 100 ranking in recently released FIFA world rankings.