DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS UPDATE
IMPORTANT FOR UPCOMING EXAMS
This current affairs update comprise of all necessary topics related to national news, financial updates,international news,sports news etc that are asked in competitive exams,regularly study this and get prepared for the current affairs section.
- The Department of Commerce in collaboration with Confederation of Indian Industry(CII),Bureau of Indian Standards(BIS)and the National Accreditation Board for Certification Bodies(NABCB) has organised the 4th national Standard Conclave in New delhi on 1-2nd May,2017.The objective of this conclave is to bring awareness among the central government ministries,State Governments,regulatory/standard setting and conformity assessment bodies on the growing importance of 'Standards'in the changing scenario of global trade.
- The Madhya Pradesh has become the first state in India to switch to January to december financial year cycle from the existing April-march cycle,breaking the 150 year tradition as started adopting April-March Financial year from 1867.
- The Minister of State(Independent Charge)for communications and Minister of state for railways has formally launched the 'Tarang Sanchar Portal' in an event organised at New delhi.This web portal will share information on Mobile towers and EMF Emission Compliances.The main aim of this portal is to generate confidence among the public about the effectiveness of the EMF compliance process in India.Any person can request for EMF emission measurement in any location by paying Rupees 4000 online.
- On 3rd may 'World Press Freedom'is celebrated across the globe by UNESCO(U nited nations Educational,Scientific and cultural Organisation).This year's World press freedom day is organised jointly by UNESCO,Government of Indonesia and the Press council of Indonesia in Jakarta,Indonesia.
- The Black Prince,featuring singer-poet satinder sartaaj and Veteran Actress Shabana Azmi has been awarded the Special Jury Remi Award at the 50th Annual World Fest Houston International Film Festival(WHIFF).
- Rajiv Kaul,chairman of Nicco Group and past president of Confederation of Indian Industry(CII) has been conferred upon the Order of Diplomatic Service Merit Sungye medal of the Republic of Korea for his service as honorary consul general of South Korea.He was awarded by the acting president and Prime Minister of south Korea 'Hwang Kyo-Ahn'.
- The leader of opposition in Loksabha Mr. Mallikarjun Kharge has been appointed as the new chairman of the 21-member Public Accounts Committee(PAC)of parliament.He has replaced the Congress leader K V Thomas whose term ended on 30 April.
- Striker Mandeep Singh has scored hat-trick and help India win 4-3 over lower ranked Japan in a round robin match of 26th Azlan Shah Cup Hockey Tournament.