DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS UPDATE
FOR UPCOMING COMPETITIVE EXAMS
This current affairs update comprise of all necessary topics related to national news,financial updates,international news,sports news etc that are asked in competitive exams,regularly study this and get prepared for the current affairs section.
- Bhilar village from Maharashtra famous for its delicate strawberries has become the first 'book village' in India. From May 4th onwards tourists and locals can come and read books,magazines and newspapers in this village.
- Kerala has become first state in India to organize Transgender Athlete meet at Thiruvananthapuram in which 132 participants from 12 districts will participate.The Sports Minister of Kerala A.C.Moideen has inaugurated the stadium.132 participants from 12 districts has participated in this event.
- World renowned sand artist from India Sudarshan Pattnaik has won Gold medal at the 10th Moscow Sand art Championships.The Competition was held between 22nd and 28th April at Kolomenskoyee,Moscow.The theme for the competition was 'The World around us'.
- The Union Health Minister JP Nadda has launched the Test and treaty policy for the HIV suffering patients.Mr. Nadda has stated that 'Anti-Retroviral Therapy'treatment to the patients at free of cost.
- The Election Commission will writ to the Govrnment seeking to ammend the laws to disqualify candidates contesting Lok Sabha and assembly Polls for up to five years after if they are chargesheeted for bribing voters.
- The National Mission for Clean Ganga will observe 'Ganga Cleanliness Pledge Day'on May2.
- The Turkish authority on Saturday has blocked access to online encylopedia without a court order.
- The Syrian national Yusra Mardini who helped save a boat carrying fellow refugees has been appointed as the goodwill ambassador UNHCR.mardini had participated in the Rio olympics 2016 as part of the first ever refugee Olympics team.
- The first Rail freight that links the United Kingdom to China has reached the city of Yiwu covering the distance of 12000 Km in 20 days.
- Rafael Nadal from Spain has clinched record 10th Barcelona open Title .He defeated Austria's Dominic Thiem 6-4,6-1 at the final.
- The teenage racer Jrehan daruvala has become the first Indian to take pole in the F3 European series.