DAILY CURRENT AFFAIR:09/04/17
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi is going to launch a 'special digital exhibition'on the Champaran Satyagraha on 10th April 2017.The title of this exhibition is 'Bapu Ko Karyanjali'.
- India and Bangladesh have signed 22 agreements in strategic sectors like defence and civil nuclear co-operation during Bangladesh Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina's visit to India.Ina joint statement prime minister Narendra Modi has announced a new line of credit of $4.5 Billion for development of projects in Bangladesh.In addition to this USD 4.5 Billion credit India also announced 500 Million USD for defence procurement.
- India has reached 40th rank in Travel and Tourism Competitiveness Report 2017 by World Economics Forum, an improvement of 12th Rank from the previous year ranking.Spain has topped in this rank.
- The Department of Science and technology has kicked off programme on Cyber Physical Systems(CPS).
- Malala Yosufzai ,youngest winner of the Noble Peace Prize has been declared United Nations messenger of peace and become the youngest nominee.She will be appointed on 10th April by United Nations Secretary General Antonio Gueterres and it will help to promote girl education around the world.
- The umbrella organisation for all retail payment systems,National Payment Corporation of India(NPCI) in India has disbursed over Rs 245 Crore worth of prize money to about 18 lakh winners under NITI Aayog's Lucky Draw Schemes for consumers and Merchants.The name of the scheme are Digi Dhan Vyapar Yojana(DDVY) and Lucky Grahak Yojana(LGY).
- South Indian Bank has tied up with 'Flyworld Money Exchange' to make remittances by Indians in Australia much more smoothly.
- HDFC Bank has announced its Unified Payment Interface (UPI).This interface will also be available on 'Chiller',a multi bank payment app .With the inclusion of HDFC bank ther is now 21 banks that will be live on the multi bank payment app'Chiller'.
- India's one of the largest public sector bank 'Canara Bank'has tied up with state owned telecommunication company 'BSNL' to upgrade the bandwidth at all its branches to 2 Mbps .
- Indian boxer k Shyam kumar has won a gold medal in the 49 Kilogram category at the Thailand International Tournament in Bangkok.
- The National Basketball Association(NBA)has announced the setting up of India's first bvasketball school in Mumbai.