DAILY CURRENT AFFAIR FOR SBI-IBPS-LIC-SSC-NICL
- Prime Minister narendra modi is going to lay the foundation stone of multi-modal terminal on River Ganga at Sahebganj in Jharkhand.This terminal will be constructed at an estimated cost of Rs 280 Crore Rupees and its going to be very important component of development of National Watrways-1 from Varnasi,Uttar Pradesh to Haldia,West Bengal.
- The state government of Haryana has announced a one time grant under 'Aapki Beti Hamari Beti'scheme.Under this scheme State government of Haryana will provide Rs 21000 to all those families whose third girl child was born after August 24,2015.
- The state Government of Uttar Pradesh has decided to waive off Rs 36359 Crore loans of farmers following the cabinet meeting.Loan amount upto Rs 1 lakh of small and marginal farmers will benefit from this decision.92.5% of the farmers in the state belong to this category.
- India and The United Kingdom has decided to set up a 240 Million fund that will be invested in the clean energy projects.
- The tourism industry of India is 7th largest in the world in terms of Gross Domestic Product(GDP),as per the new report of the World Travel and Tourism Council(WTCC),2016.
- The Asian Development bank has sanctioned 175 million USD loan to Power Grid Corporation of India Limited.This fund will be utilised in interstate transmission networks.particularly it will be utilised to move the generated electricity in solar parks to national grid.
- As per the survey report of Randstad Survey, The Fast moving Consumer Goods(FMCG) Industry has emrged as the highest paying industry in India with an annual cost to company(CTC)of Rs 11.3 lakh across all levels .
- The union government of India has allowed duty free import of 5,00,000 Tonne raw sugar for the first time in the last seven years.
- 'April 6' has been announced as the 'International Day of Sports for Development and Peace'by United nations general assembly.
- The Reserve Bank of India has announced its first bi-monthly policy,where Repo rates kept unchanged at 6.25% and the reverse repo rate lies at 5.75%.The Bank rate is kept at 6.75%,marginal Standing facility ratio stands at 6.75%,Cash reserve ratio remain unchanged at 4% and statutory liquidity ratio (SLR)also remain unchanged at 20.50%.
- The Industrial Development Bank of India (IDBI)has reduced its interest rates to 75 basis points from 50 basis points on Retail Term Deposits(RTD) w.e.f 5th April,2017.
- Aditya Birla Group has been given permission to start its 'Aditya Birla Payments Bank Ltd',with this they will become seventh entity in this payment bank services.
- Japan has officially recognised 'Bitcoin'as a currency,with this 'Bitcoin'finally gained the recognition of a mainstream currency along with the line of other fiat currencies.
- Raman Roy has been appointed as the chairman of 'The National Association of Software and Services Companies'(Nasscom) for 2017-18.
- Sanjeev Kishore has been appointed by NTPC as the Group General Manager at Kudgi Super Thermal Power Project,Karnataka.
- Virat Kohli has been announced Wisden's 'King of the Willow'for his remarkable performance in 2016.
Study the Current Affairs Update of 7th April here.
Download the Monthly Current Affairs (March)PDF'In Shorts'