DAILY CURRENT AFFAIR:3RD APRIL
- The BRICS backed New Development Bank(NDB)has invested 1.5 billion Dollars in seven projects.
- Second annual meeting of BRICS new development bank is held in New Delhi.In this meeting sveral MoUs are signed ,they are between NDB and European Investment Bank(EIB),European Bank for Reconstruction and Development(EBRD),Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank(AIIB),Eurasian Development Bank(EDB)and International Investment Bank(IIB).
- The union government has decided to liberalize e-visa regime to 4 months from existing 1 month.
- Mr Radha Mohan Singh,union minister for agriculture has inaugurated an international research centre for foot and mouth disease of cattle and buffalos at Argul,Odisha.
- The two railway corridors 'Barmer-Munawab(119km)'and 'Pipad Road-Bilara(41 km)'has been declared green corridors the North-Western Railway.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi is going to inaugurate India's longest road tunnel 'Chenani-Nashri Tunnel'.
- Space Exploration Technology Corporation(Space x)has successfully launched its first recycled rocket.
- The World Autism Day 2017 has been observed across the globe on 2nd April 2017.The theme for the day is 'Toward Autonomy and Self-Determination'
- India's Central bank The Reserve Bank of India(RBI)will set up a 'Enforcement Department'to monitor banks in case they violate regulations.The Enforcement Department will start its operations from 1st April,2017.
- The Railway Ministry has withdrawn service charge on online booking of train tickets has been extended to 30th June,2017 in order to promote digital mode of payment.
- Famous American singer and song writer 'Bob Dylan'has accepted his 'Noble Prize' for literature.
- Joanna Konta has won the Miami Open Women's title by defeating 'Caroline Wozniaki' in the final.
- Joyciline Jepkosgei has made three world records at Prague Half Marathon record .She had broken the world half marathon record as welll as made record in 10km and 15 km marathon.