DAILY CURRENT AFFAIR:2ND APRIL
- Prime minister of Malaysia Mr Nazib Razak has come on a six day visit to India.The year 2017 marked the 60 years of diplomatic relations between India and Malaysia.
- 'Official Development Assistance'of 371.345 billion yen(about Rs 21,590 Cr)has been committed by Japan for the financial year 2016-17 for various infrastructure projects across the country.
- The Ministry of Railway has released a book named'Indian Railway-The Weaving of a National Tapestry '.The book is jointly written by Shri Sanjay Chadha(Joint Secretary,Ministry of Commerce),Ms.Vidya Krishnamurthy and Sri Bibek Debroy(Member,NITI Aayog).
- The Chief Minister of Himachal pradesh Virbhadra Singh has launched a scheme named 'Unnat Jeevan by Affordable LED's and Appliances for All'(UJALA scheme).Under this scheme LED tubelights and energy efficient fans would be distributed.
- Kotak Mahindra Bank has launched the '8-11 banking app'.The idea behind the launching of this app is to double the customer base in 18 months.In this app customers will be able to open bank accounts with zero balance ehere as Aadhar card and PAN card are the requirements to open the account.
- From April 1 onwards the Sbi Associates Bank which are merged with State bank of India (SBI)will get the SBI's logo.With this merger SBI has entered in the league of top 50 global banks.
- 1st April 2017 is the 82nd Establishment day of RBI.
- Vanaja N Sarna has been appointed as the new chairman of CBEC(Central Board of Excise and Customs).
- Maninder Singh Juneja has been appointed as the MD and CEO of National Bulk handling Corporation (NBHC)