DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS UPDATE
FOR UPCOMING COMPETITIVE EXAMS
This current affairs update comprise of all necessary topics related to national news,financial updates,international news,sports news etc that are asked in competitive exams,regularly study this and get prepared for the current affairs section.
- The Capital of Odisha has become the first Indian City to receive Pierre L'enfant Planning Excellence and Achievement awards -2017.Smart City Bhubaneswar has received this award for good and advanced city planning and engaging its citizens in the planning process.
- The All India Institute of Medical Scinces has become the India's first public hospital to start the plaque brachytherapy facility for the eye tumors patients.
- India and Cyprus has signed four key agreements after delegation level talks between Prime Minister Narendra Modi and President of Cyprus Nicos Anastasiades at Hyderabad House in New Delhi. the areas in which MoU have exchanged are Air Services,Agriculture,Merchant Shipping and Cultural education.
- The Chief minister of haryana has announced the renaming of 'Ballabgarh' town in Faridabad as Balramgarh.The town is situated around 30 kms from New delhi on National Highway 2.This town was founded by balram singh in 1739.
- The Space Application Centre(SAC),Ahmedabad a subsidarey of ISRO has developed an android app 'Solar Calculator' for computation of solar energy potential.
- The Indian Culture Center'Maulana Azad Centre for Indian Culture(MACIC)' in Egypt has organised a seminar to strengthen and maintaining bilateral relations.
- World largest two-wheeler manufacturer 'Hero MotoCorp'has been adjudged as the 'Indian MNC of the Year'by All India management Institutions.
- Japan's Soft Bank,the largest investor in Snapdeal has given an in-principle ,non-binding approval for the merger of Snapdeal with Flipkart.
- India has won six medals in the second leg of the Asian grand Prix Atheletics meet in Jiaxing,China.
- T Krishnakumar has been appointed as the President of India and South West Asia Business Unit.
- The Oscar winning director Jonathan Demme has passed away at the age of 73.