DAILY CURRENT AFFAIR:1ST APRIL
- The loan agreement of 350 million USD has been signed between Union Government of India and the New Development Bank(NDB).This loan amount will be utilized for development and up gradation of major district roads of Madhya Pradesh.
- 'Mental Health Care Bill' has passed in Loksabha.It will provide healthcare and ncessary services to the people with mental illness and it also decriminalized the suicide.
- India's one of the greatest cricket player sachin tendulkar has launched his own android mobile application called '100 MB' developed by Pune based technology firm 'Jetsynthesys'.
- India's biggest river festival 'Namami Brahmaputra'begins in Assam.President Pranab Mukherjee has inaugurated the festival which is celebrated in 21 districts across the state.
- The Road Transport and Highway ministry has launched two mobile applications'm-paribahan' and 'e-challan' for swift enforcement of traffic rules.By this applications people can report road violation ,road accident incidents.
- The state assemble of Gujarat has passed the'Gujarat Animal preservation(amended)bill,2017'.This bill will amend Gujarat Animal preservation Act,1954.
- The IIT Madras and indian Army has signed a Memorandum of Understandings(MoU)to explore the critical areas that can be enhanced to fill those loop holes.The MoU was signed in the presence of IIT Madras Director bhaskar Ramamurthy and Deputy Chief of Army staff Lt. General Subrata saha.
- kanha Tiger reserve has become the first tiger reserve of the India by officially announcing their mascot 'Bhoorisingh the Barasingha'.
- Central america's smallest nation 'El Salvador'has become first country in the globe to ban metal mining across the country.
- Peggy Whiston,the veteran astronaut of NASA has broke the Sunita william's higest space walk record of 7 times.At the age of 57 Peggy Whiston has made her eighth spacewalk.
- 3D printed snake like robot SAW (Single actuator wave like robot)has been developed by scientists that can navigate through small intestines.
- Montenagro is set to become newest member of NATO after the ratification of US senate to allow the entry of this small country in this group.
- The Finance ministry has announced the lowering of interest rates by 0.1% on small savings schemes like Public Provident Fund(PPF),National Savings Certificate(NSC),Kishan Vikas Patra. The current interest rate is standing at 7.9%.
- SBI Card and karnataka bank has launched two variants of two co-branded credit card for the customers of Karnataka Bank,one is 'Karnataka bank Platinum SBI Card'and the another one is 'Karnataka bank Simply SAVE SBI Card '.
- The electronicfund transfer pyment channels like NEFT(National electronic Funds transfer),RTGS(Real Time Gross settlement)will be remain closed on 1st April,2017.
- India's one of the largest private sector bank 'AXIS bank'has tied up with 'Wells Fargo'in order to offer real time remittances from the Indian community to their relatives in India.
- Sunaina Singh becomes vice-chancellor of Nalanda University,she replacing Mr. George Yeo.
- S V Sunil ,India's Hockey player played in forward position has been named 'Asian Hockey Federation(AHF)Player of the Year for 2016.'