DAILY CURRENT AFFAIR UPDATE
FOR UPCOMING EXAMS
- Shri Rajnath Singh,the Union Minister for Home Affairs has chaired the 11th Standing Committee meeting of Inter-State Council in New Delhi.The Union Minister for Finance,Corporate Affairs and Defence Shri Arun Jaitley and various chief minister of the states also attended the meeting to examine in detail various recommendations of Punchhi Commission.As per the rcommendations of Punchhi Commission a person who is slated to be a Governor should not have participated in active politics at even local a couple of years before his appointment.
- The Prime Minister Narendra Modi has inaugurated the ehibition named 'Swachhagraha -Bapu ko Karyanjali-Ek Abhiyan,Ek Pradarshani'at New Delhi to mark the 100th year's of Mahatma Gandhi's first Satyagraha in Champaran. At this event Prime Minister also launched an 'Online Interactive Quiz'which is organised by National Archives of India.
- The Central Government has launched nearly Rs.23,443 Crore to states under MGNREGS(Mahatma Gandhi National Rural Employment Gurantee Scheme).
- The Survey General Of India(SOI) has completed 250 Years,on the eve of this celebration the union government has launched a portal named 'Nakshe Mapping',a dedicated website allows public access to download 3,000 maps prepared by the Survey of India,but made AAdhar Mandatory for the purpose.
- The Fino Paytech which recently got Reserve Bank of India's nod to start a payment bank has inked a deal with ICICI group of companies.
- Mannapuram Finance is going to launch co-branded prepaid card with YES Bank named 'Mannapuram YES Bank Prepaid Money Card'with credit limit upto Rs. 50,000 and can be used to withdraw money from all ATM's.
- Shiva Kirti Singh,former Supreme Court Judge has been appointed by the union government to head the Telecom Disputes Settlement and Appellate Tribunal(TDSAT).The appointment has been made for the period of three years.
- Mukta Dutta has been named the next ambassador of India to Federal Republic of Germany.
- Ajit Kumar Srivastava and Shabri Bhattasali have been appointed as the members of Central Board of Direct Taxes(CBDT).
- Christine Davis,the philanthropist and internationally acclaimed actress has been appointed as the goodwill ambassador of UNHCR(UN High Commission for Refugees).
- 'Atu Zumvu' the first police officer from the Nagaland has got one of the India's military honour 'Shaurya Chakra' award .
- Carme Chacon,the female defence minister of Spain and a socialist party leader has died at the age of 46.