Weekly Antibiotic PDF Downloads
Based on All Indian News Papers Also Downloads in PDF
- Captain Amarinder Singh to be the next Chief Minister of Punjab.
- Biren Singh to be the Next Chief Minister of Manipur.
- Narendra Kumar, an officer of Central Water Engineering Service (1979 batch), has recently taken charge as Chairman of Central Water Commission (CWC).
- Pawan Goenka Managing Director of Mahindra and Mahindra has been granted second term as Chairman of the Board of Governors (BoG) of IIT-Madras.
- Finance Minister Arun Jaitley was today given the additional charge of the Defence Ministry after Manohar Parrikar resigned to take on the new role of Goa Chief Minister.
- HSBC Holdings Plc , Europe's biggest bank, appointed insurance veteran and AIA Group boss Mark Tucker as chairman to replace Douglas Flint.
- Defence minister "Manohar Parrikar" was appointed as Goa chief minister.
- "B P Kanungo" was appointed Deputy Governor in Reserve Bank of India (RBI) for three years.He has been appointed in place of R Gandhi.
- Ford Foundation appoints Pradeep Nair as regional director for India, Nepal, and SriLanka.
- Donald Tusk from Poland has been re-elected for a second term as the President of the European Council.
- Chinese smartphone company OnePlus has roped in Bollywood star Amitabh Bachchan as its new brand ambassador for India.
- ICC appoint Sachin Tendulkar as official ambassador of women's World Cup 2017.
- 20 projects worth Rs 1,900 Crore have been approved for swift implementation of Namami Gange Programme in Uttarakhand, Bihar, Jharkhand and Delhi.
- Fifty new Kendriya Vidyalayas (KVs) will be established across the country to provide quality education to around 50,000 students with the Cabinet giving a go ahead to the project.
- Focussing on women welfare and new born, Telangana Chief Minister K Chandrasekhar Rao has come out with an innovative scheme – "KCR Kit". The government proposes to earmark Rs.605 crore for the scheme.
- Karnataka Govt has announced an Idea2POC (Proof of Concept) fund of Rs 10 crore for women entrepreneurs.
- On the occasion of 127th Foundation Day of National Archives of India (NAI), an exhibition entitled “Revolutionary Patriots (1905-1947)” was inaugurated by Shri N.K. Sinha, Secretary, Ministry of Culture in the presence of Shri Raghvendra Singh.
- Environment minister Anil Madhav Dave, released the second stage of the Hydrochlorofluorocarbons (HCFC) phase-out management plan (HPMP), greenhouse gases that damage the earth’s ozone layer.
- The Lok Sabha on 10 March 2017 passed the Admiralty (Jurisdiction and Settlement of Maritime Claims) Bill,2016.
- CBSE makes 6 subjects mandatory for Students appearing Class X board exams from next year
- NTPC commissions 45 MW of Bhadla solar plant in Rajasthan.
- Parliament approved a bill granting women working in the organized sector paid maternity leave of 26 weeks, up from 12 weeks now.
- India has announced an Open Acreage Licensing Policy (OALP) for conducting oil and gas exploration in India.
- India's first smart tribal village 'Habbi' inaugurated in Jammu and Kashmir.
- CBSE introduces "Exam Locator" app to help students appearing for class 10th and 12th examinations to locate their exam centres.
- The Indian Institute of Science (IISc) in Bangalore has become the first Indian educational institution to make it to the top 10 of a global ranking for universities and IISc has been ranked eighth in the Times Higher Education or THE Rankings, 2017 in the “best small universities” category.
- PM Modi released a commemorative postage stamp on 100 years of Yogoda Satsang Math on the occasion of the 100th anniversary of Yogoda Satsanga Society of India.
- PM Modi to Inaugurate India’s Longest Cable Bridge in Gujarat.
- Madhukar Gupta committee has submitted report to Government of India (GoI) to strengthen border protection
- In UK, the House of Lords has passed the Brexit bill, paving the way for the government to trigger Article 50 so the UK can leave the EU.
- Pakistan is set to conduct its first national census in 19 years.
- A South African man "Chris Bertish" has become the first person to cross the Atlantic Ocean on a stand-up paddleboard after completing an epic 4,050-mile voyage alone at sea.
- According to the Global Corruption Barometer released by Transparency International (TI), in Berlin for 16 Asia Pacific countries India tops the list for being the most corrupt nation.
- Europe launched fifth Sentinel Earth observation satellite.
Defence & Railway
- India successfully test-fired the BrahMos supersonic cruise missile, which is capable of carrying a warhead of 300 kg, from a test range along the Odisha coast.
- The Vice Admiral Girish Luthra has commissioned INS Tillanchang to the Indian Navy in Karwar, Karnataka.
- Iran's Revolutionary Guard has successfully tested a ballistic missile named "Hormuz 2".
- A joint military exercise 'Surya Kiran-XI' between India and Nepal begins in Pithoragarh area of Uttarakhand.
- Indo-Oman joint military exercise 'Al-Nagah-II' begins in Himachal Pradesh.
- The World Bank has agreed to provide a loan to develop internal transmission arrangements of the upcoming Rewa Ultra Mega Solar project in Madhya Pradesh.
- Wholesale inflation shot up to a 39-month high of 6.55% in February 2017 & Retail inflation rose to a 4-month high of 3.65% in February 2017.
- Fitch Estimates Indian Economy to Grow 7.1% in 2016-17 before stepping up to 7.7% in the next two financial years.
- Country's largest lender State Bank of India launched a new facility to enable its employees to 'work from home'.
- HDFC Bank launched an instant digital Loan Against Securities (LAS) facility in collaboration with the National Securities Depository Ltd.(NSDL).
- HDFC Bank has recently launched India’s first Artificial Intelligence (AI)-based banking chatbot “Electronic Virtual Assistant (EVA)” for customer service.
- The Capital Raising Committee of Bank of Baroda’s board approved raising of funds through issuance of Basel III compliant Additional Tier-I bonds (perpetual debt instrument) amounting to Rs 500 crore with green shoe option of Rs 500 crore.
- IndusInd Bank has entered into an agreement with Infrastructure Leasing and Financial Services Ltd (IL& FS) to acquire 100% stake in IL& FS Securities Services Ltd (ISSL).
- Central Bank of India has been awarded first prize in the implementation of Official Language Policy in the western region for the year 2015-2016.
- State Bank of India has announced a one-time farm loan settlement scheme worth 6,000 crore rupees primarily for tractors.
- As per RBI data, ICICI Bank topped the list of banks that witnessed most number of frauds during April to December period of 2016 with state-owned SBI taking the second spot.
- RBI to issue new Rs 10 notes soon with high security features, old notes to remain valid.
- Airtel Payments Bank, offered by telecom major Bharti Airtel, announced that over one lakh savings accounts were opened in 100 villages across Tamil Nadu.
- All limits on savings bank cash withdrawals post-demonetisation ended on Monday, as had been announced by the Reserve Bank of India (RBI) last month.
- Non-Banking Finance Companies (NBFCs) cannot lend more than Rs 25,000 in cash against gold according to latest report of RBI.
- Digital wallet player Paytm will now levy a 2% fee for adding money to Paytm wallet using credit cards.
- In a bid to make transactions through e-wallets safer and strengthen the grievance redressal mechanism for consumers, a government has released a set of guidelines for wallet firms.
- SBI recently announced that penalty for non-maintenance of Minimum Average Balance (MAB) from April 1, 2017 as government asked SBI to reconsider charges. Arundhati Bhattacharya, SBI chief clarify that the condition of maintaining minimum balance will not be applicable to the Jan Dhan accounts.
- Karur-based Karur Vysya Bank’ s Chief Executive K. Venkataraman has rolled-out of three technology services FASTag, UPI(United Payments Interface) and BBPS(Bharat Bill Payment System).
- IDFC Bank has launched India’s first biometric-based payment system 'Aadhaar Pay'.
- The Employees' Provident Fund Organisation (EPFO) extends Digital Life Certificate submission through Jeevan Pramaan Patra by March 31, 2017 under Employees' Pension Scheme (EPS).
- According to the Financial Times, China’s banking system has overtaken the eurozone to become the world’s biggest by assets.
- Reliance Capital’s long serving CEO Sam Ghosh will leave the company on 31 March.
Books and Authors
- “Aurangzeb: The Man and the Myth” a book authored by Audrey Truschke.
- Women safety application launched in Tamil Nadu. The app is called 'Ammavin Aran' meaning 'mother's fortress'. It was launched by AIDMK.
- Arunachal Pradesh government has launched a new scheme 'Adarsh Gram Yojana' that is in accordance with the basic philosophy of the Prime Minister 'Sabka Saath Sabka Vikaas'.
- Himachal launches mobile app 'Mera Hunar HP' or ‘My Talent’ for job-seeker (skilled and semi-skilled workers)
- State Bank of India and real estate developers’ body (Confederation of Real Estate Developers' Associations of India) CREDAI have signed a memorandum of understanding (MoU) to jointly conduct various initiatives towards development of the realty sector.
- Private insurer Future Generali India Insurance Company (FGII) has entered into a corporate agency tie-up for its products with public lender UCO Bank.
- Full-service airline Jet Airways has announced a partnership with ride-hailing app Uber to book airport cabs through the Jet Airways app itself.
- The Gujarat government has entered into an agreement with a global cloud-based solutions provider cloudBuy.com to develop a B2B marketplace for small and large business units in the state.
- U.S. chip giant Intel has agreed to buy Israeli driverless technology firm Mobileye for $15.3 billion, the largest ever acquisition of an Israeli high-tech company.
- Korea’s Hyundai Engineering Co has signed a deal worth 3 billion euros (USD 3.2 billion) with an Iranian investment fund to invest in a major Iranian oil project.
- Technology giant Google has announced the acquisition of Kaggle, a start-up that hosts a number of data scientists, for an undisclosed amount at the Cloud Next 2017 conference.
- India-Belgium signs Double Taxation Avoidance Agreement and Protocol
- MakeMyTrip, PayPal partner for hotel bookings.
- President of India inaugurates the 12th CII-Exim bank conclave on India Africa Project Partnership in New Delhi.
- The 10th edition of the International Conference on Theory and Practice of Electronic Governance (ICEGOV 2017) was held in New Delhi
- The 5th edition of 'India by Nile' fest to begin in Egypt.
- Vice president Hamid Ansari Attends the 21-nation Indian Ocean Rim Association (IORA) Summit in Jakarta, Indonesia.
- India to host its first mobile congress to be held in India.
- A two-day North-East Business Summit (NEBS) begins in New Delhi.
- A three-day long ‘Destination North East’ 2017 held at Chandigarh.
- India to host the 22nd edition of Asian Athletics Championship 2017.
- National Conference on Jal Kranti to be held in Delhi
- The 2017 International Conference on the “Vision Zero” and its relevance to Occupational Safety and Health (OSH) has started in New Delhi.
- The Court of Arbitration for Sport (CAS) upheld a lifetime ban levied against Sergei Portugalov, former chief of the Russian Athletics Federation's Medical Commission for his role in providing illicit substances to Russian athletes.
- Lee Chong Wei of Malaysia has lifted the Men's Singles crown at the All England Open badminton championships.
- SSP Chawrasia has become only the second Indian golfer to successfully defend the Hero Indian Open title.
- India’s Ravichandran Ashwin and Ravindra Jadeja have become the first pair of spinners to be jointly top-ranked in the MRF Tyres ICC Player Rankings for Test Bowlers
- The Sports Ministry has decided to constitute a high-level committee to resolve the grievances and complaints of women sports persons in India.
- Uruguay's Pablo Cuevas won his third consecutive Brasil Open title by beating Spain's Albert Ramos-Vinolas in a final that eventually finished more than 24 hours late after successive rain delays.
- The Punjab football team has won the 71st Santosh Trophy football tournament by defeating Railways in the final. Its was the 9th trophy for Punjab.
Award & Honour
- Thai contestant "Jiratchaya Sirimongkolnawin" was crowned Miss International Queen 2016.
- 'Dangal' won the Viewer's Choice Best Film award at Zee Cine Awards 2017.
- Eminent Konkani writer Mahabaleshwar Sail has been honoured with the Saraswati Samman 2016 for his novel Hawthan.
- M P Veerendra Kumar, the noted Malayalam author and journalist, has recently bestowed with the 30th edition of Moortidevi award 2016
- RSS chief Mohan Bhagwat was conferred the honorary degree of Doctor of Science (DSc) by the Nagpur-based Maharashtra Animal and Fishery Sciences University.
- Indian Institute of Technology-Madras has won the 2017 Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE) Spectrum Technology in the Service of Society Award for its solar-direct current (DC) inverter system.
- Aishwarya Rai Bachchan wins best actress award for Sarbjit at the International Film Festival and Awards of Australia (IFFAA).
- GMR group led Rajiv Gandhi Hyderabad International Airport has secured ranks 1st in world in airport service quality
- Jiratchaya Sirimongkolnawin of Thailand has been crowned the new Miss International Queen 2016.