DAILY CURRENT AFFAIR:19TH MARCH
- Hazira,Essar Group's township in Gujarat has become first private township in the country to go cashless.
- The remaining 'State GST' (SGST)and Union Territory GST(UTGST)draft bills has been cleared by the GST Council on its 12th council meeting.
- Dedicated Freight Corridor Corporation of India has tied up with Institute of Railway Technology of Monash University,Australia.
- A loan amount of 175 Million Dollar has been approved by the World Bank to support the aspiring national hydrology project .This project will improve the country's ability to forecast floods and will reduce the re occurance of floods and droughts.
- India and Brazil has initiated the text of the Social Security Agreement (SSA)in Brazil.
- Leader of opposition in Loksabha Mallikarjun Kharge has been nominated for the chairmanship of Public's Account Committee (PAC)of Parliament.
- 'Women in Politics 2017 Map'has been launched by the Inter-Parliamentary Union (IPU)and UN in Newyork.
- India got 148 rank out of 193 countries in representing Women in the Executive Government.
- International Buddhist Conference has been inaugurated by Dalai Lama in Bihar.
- The Government of India has authorized The Reserve Bank of India to conduct field trials of Plastic Notes in five cities i.e Shimla,Bhubaneswar,Jaipur,Mysore and Kochi.
- Karan Avtar Singh has been appointed as the Chief-secretary of Punjab.
- Michael Clark has launched his autobiography 'My Story'in Kolkata.
- Former National racing Champion 'Ashwin Sundor'has died in a road accident in Chennai.