DAILY CURRENT AFFAIR:9TH MARCH
- A new Open Acreage Licencing Policy(OALP) has been announced by India for oil and gas exploration in India.These new policy will help the concerned companies to select specific area and carve out areas where they want to drill.
- Information and Broadcast Minister Venkaiah Naidu will inaugurate the fest at Talkora Stadium in New Delhi.Approximate 3500 participants from 15-18 countries going to participate in this event.
- GMR Group led Rajiv Gandhi Hyderabad International Airport has been ranked First in the prestigious Airport Council International's (ACI)Airport Service Quality(ASQ)survey in the 5-15 million passengers per annum category for the year 2016.
- The Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE)has introduced 'Exam Locator'app to help class 10th and 12th aspirants track their exam centres.
- The first smart tribal model village in Jammu and Kashmir 'Habbi'has been inaugurated by Chowdhary Zulfkar Ali,Minister of Food,Civil Supplies and Consumer Affairs.
- The High Court of Manipur has declared tht economic blockade on Manipur by United Naga Council (UNC)as illegal.
- The Indian Institute of Science has got the 8th Rank in the Top 10 of Times Higher education's (THE)best small universities-2017 global rankings.
- International Women's day being observed across the planet on 8th March.This year's theme of the International's womens Day is 'Be Bold for Change'.
- The 11th Edition of India-Nepal joint military exercise begins in Pithorgarh Area ,Uttarkhand.The main aim of the two week long joint exercise is to train the two armies in counter surgency operations over the specified period.
- The Banking system of China has become biggest in the world in terms of Banking Assets,As per statistics China's bank assets hit $33 trillion against Euro Zone's $31 trillion.
ECONOMY AND FINANCIAL NEWS:
- Online payment platform 'Paypal'has tied up with 'Make My Trip'to provide hotel and holiday bookings.
- The renowned global rating agency 'Fitch'predicted that indian Economy will grow at 7.1% in the current fiscal befor it reach 7.7% for the next two years.
- India's largest public sector bank SBI has launched 'Work from Home'facility for its employees.
- India's one of the top software firm Tech Mahindra has acquired US based Health care consulting company CJS Solution group that does business as 'The HCI Group'.
- Lalji Singh has been awarded 'SERB Distinguish Fellow Award'by Science and Engineering Research Board(SERB).
- Bengal's popular Folk Musician Kalikaprasad Bhttachary has passed away in a road accident.