DAILY CURRENT AFFAIR:8TH MARCH
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi is going to launch a commemorative Postage stamp on 100th Anniversary of the Yogoda Satsang Society of India at New Delhi.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi chaired Union Cabinet gave ex-post facto approval to the MoU between National Productivity Council(NPC) and UAE's Al Ethihad Energy services in the field of energy management and conservation.
- The Union Cabinet has approved the signing of agreement between UN Women and India to strengthen Gender Equality in Government Institutions.
- PM Narendra Modi will dedicate the nation a petrochemical complex of India's leading public sector gas exploration company ONGC at Dahej,Gujrat.He is also going to inaugurate a Four lane bridge over the Narmada at Bharuch on NH-8.This 1.4 Kilometer cable-strayed bridge is longest in the country reportedly.
- The Union Cabinet chaired by the Prime Minister Narendra Modi has given its post facto approval to the MoU on renewable energy between India and Portugal.
- The Madhya Pradesh State skill Development Mission(MPSSDM) has signed a MoU with online taxi service provider 'Ola Cabs'.Undere this MoU training,empowerment and skill development program will be conducted to empower 25,000 driver partners in next 2 years.
- The water Resources and River Development minister Uma Bharti will inaugurate Jal Kranti Abhiyan in New Delhi.from June, 2015 every year this conference is conducted to consolidate water conservation and management in the country through an integrated approach involving all stake holders.
- Bhagoria Festival,a tribal festival of Madhya Pradesh is begun in 06th March.
- Bilateral military exercise 'Al-Nagah-II'is kick started in Dhauladhr Ranges at Bakloh in Himachal Pradesh.
- Vaikom Vijaylakshmi has become first singer to play maximum number of songs in shortest time (5 Hours)on Gayatri Veena during a program in Kochi.
- The 13 th Executive Committee meeting of the International Smart Grid Action Network(ISGAN)held at Powergrid Corporate Centre at Gurugram,Haryana.This meeting id first of its kind ever held in India.
- China has hiked its national defence budget by 7 percent.these years defence budget is US 152 billion dollars.
- The Ministry of Finance has given its principal nod to public sector banks to offer stock options,Employee Stock Option Plans(ESOP's) to its employees from 2017-18.
- Mumbai based private bank HDFC has launched Electronic Virtual Assistance(EVA) Service for its customers.
- Canara bank has won a number of medals in the Collateral Awards category at the 11th Global communication Conclave held in Bengaluru by the Public Relations Council of India(PRCI).They won gold medal for a radio jingle ,silver medals for Corporate Film and Brochures and bronze medals for its in-house magazine(Regional Language),Corporate Advertisement-print,table calendar-2017 and big Diary 2017.
- The Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI)has announced that mobile manufacturing major Oppo Mobiles India Private limited will be the new team sponsor for the next five years starting from April 1,2017.
- Dr K Srinath Reddy has been appointed as the advisor to the Odisha Government by Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik.
- Former Loksabha Speaker Rabi Ray has passed away at the age of 91.