DAILY CURRENT AFFAIR: 5TH MARCH
- Union HRD Ministry has issued a notification in which Aadhar number has been made mandatory for students to get midday meals.This notification will be effective from 30th June,2017.
- 'Swachhta Pakhwada'has been observed by Union Ministry of Women and Child Development from 1st March to 15th March.'Swachh Pakhwada'is being observed to achiev the goal of universal sanitation.hygeine and 'Open Defecation Free 'India by 2019 under Swachh Bharat Mission.
- The Minister of Drinking Water and Sanitation Sri Narendra Singh Tomar has announced that number Open Defecation Free(ODF)districts in India has crossed the 100 on th occasion of Swachh Shakti Saptah in Gurugram,Haryana.
- The Union Government has approved Rs 756 Cr to treat over 700 Lakh patients in the next five years with an aim to make India Cataract free within 2022.
- Popular travel portal 'Yatra.com'has signed a MoU with the State Government of Madhya Pradesh to promote Home Stay in the state.
- Ministry of Water Resource , River Development and Ganga Rejuvenation signed an MoU with Rotary India in New Delhi in order to make National Mission for Clean Ganga(NMCG)a mass movement with the involvement of more and more voluntary organisations.
- The President of India Mr Pranab Mukherjee has presented the 'Standard' to 125 Helicopter Squadron and 'Colours'to Mechanical Training Institute of India Air Force at Air Force Station,Tambarm,Tamil Nadu.
- The Raksha Mantri's Trophy and Citation for the best service hopital in the Armed forces Medical Services(AFMS)for the year 2016 to INHS Asvini,Mumbai.Union Defence Minister Manohar Parikkar presented this award.
- Luhansk People's Republic,a self-proclaimed territory in Ukraine has declared Russian Ruble as its currency.
- 13th Economic Cooperation Organisation (ECO)summit held in Islamabad,Pakistan.This year's thm was "Connectivity For Regional Prosperity".
- World Wild Life Day is observed across the Globe on 3rd March.This year's theme was "Listen to the Young Voices".
- Harvard University named singer Rihanna winner of it's Humanitarian award.This award is the recognition of the singer's projects that include an advnced centr to treat breast cancer in her native barbados and support for Girl's education around the developing world.
- Kripa Shankar Bishnoi,former Indian wrestler has been appointed as the International Match Referee by United World Wrestling(UWW),the Sport' global governing body.
- Australian Women Cricketer Sarah Coyte ,who was part of Australia's 2014 World T-20 winning squad has announced her retirement from all formats.
- Raymond Kopa, legendary footballer from France has passed away at the age of 85.