DAILY CURRENT AFFAIR :3RD MARCH
- India's premiere Defence Research Company the 'Defense Research and Development Organisation'(DRDO) has successfully test fired indigenously developed Supersonic Interceptor missile capable of destroying any incoming Ballistic missile in low altitude.This test fire was carried out from Abdul Kalam Island ,Odisha.
- Former Tamil Nadu Chief Minister O.Paneerselvam has launched an online portal 'ammakalviyagam.in'.This portal will be hub for learners,experts,academic and industry professionals and recruiters to met,gain and provide skills,discover and churning talents.
- The State Government of Jharkhand has signed a MoU with Incube Ventures Pvt. Limited under the banner Aashray at Jharkhand Global Investors Summit 2017 to establish an incubation center for start-ups in the state.
- The World Bank has declared an assistance package of over 1 Billion Dollars in the area of urban Transport and climate friendly agriculture in Maharashtra.
- Bharat Earth Movers Limited(BEML)kick start solar rooftop project in Karnataka.They committed themselves to achieve the goal of utilizing 100% renewable energy for its consumption.
- Swachh Shakti Saptah campaign has been launched by Union Minitry of Drinking Water and Sanitation to emphasize the importance of active participation of women in Swachh Bharat Mission.
- Total numbers of Internet Users are expected to be in the range of 450 to 465 million as per the report published by Internet and Mobile Association of India(IMAI)and Indian Market research Bureau(IMRB).
- The Defence Research and Development Organisation(DRDO)has tied up with Jindal stainless(Hisar)Limited(JSHL)to manufacture High Nitrogen Steel(HNS).
- South Korea and United States has conducted joint military exercise 'Foal Eagle'.
- China has announced the job cut of about five lakh jobs in Steel ,Coal and in other Heavy Industries Sectors.
- Catholic Syrian Bank has entered into a bank assurance tie-up with Reliance General Insurance (RGI)a part of Reliance Capital.
- Total number of Jan Dhan Account rose by 2.26 Crore under Pradhan Mantri Jan Dhan Yojana(PMJDY) post demonetization.
- J S Deepak has been appointed as next ambassador to World Trade Organisation(WTO) from June,2017.He is currently working as a secretary in Telecom Ministry.
- Senior IAS Officer Ajay Tyagi has taken the charge as the chairman of Securities and Exchange Board of India(SEBI).He is 9th chairman of SEBI.
- Indian Skipper Virat Kohli has been nominated for the prestigious Polly Umrigar Trophy.
- World No.1 all-rounder in test Ravichandran Ashwin has been named the winner of the Dilip Sardesai award.He became the first cricketer to win this award for two times.
- All India Football Federation(AIFF)appoints Luis Norton De Matos as the head coach of India Under-17 team for FIFA Under-17 World Cup.
- Gujarati writer and prominent novelist Tarak Mehta has passed away at the age of 87.He was famous for his writing in weekly column "Duniya Ne Undha Chasma" published in Gujarati weekly "Chitralekha".