DAILY CURRENT AFFAIR:31ST MARCH
- The Union Government has signed a deal for Discovered Small fields(DSF)bid 2016 with GEM Laboratories for extricating Hydrocarbons at Neduvasal,Tamil Nadu.
- The Nepal and India has renewed the fuel supply pact between Nepal Oil Corporation (NOC)and Indian Oil Corporation Limited for another five years.
- The 3rd G-20 Framework Working Group (FWG)meeting held in Varanasi under the G-20 German presidency.
- The 'e-cinemapramaan', a online cinema certification system has been launched by Information and Broadcasting minister Venkaiah Naidu.
- Arunachal Pradesh,Tripura and Kerala have joined the Ujjawal Discom Assurance Yojana(UDAY).With this total tally has gone to 26 whom have joined this scheme.
- The Indian Space Research Organisation(ISRO),National Aeronautics and Space Administration(NASA)and Jet Propulsion Laboratory are jointly working on the development of Dual Frequency (L and S band)Synthetic Aperture radar Image satelite 'NISAR'(NASA ISRO Synthetic Aperture Radar).
- The National Green Tribunal (NGT)has directed public sector oil companies to stop sending petrol and petroleum product by BSII ,BSIII vehicles in New Delhi.
- The 9th World Environmental Education Congress(WEEC)is going to be held in Vancouver,Canada between September 9-15,2017.The theme of the congress is 'Weaving New Connections'.
- Turkey has announced the end of military campaign 'Operation Euphrates Shield'in the Northern Syria.
- The digital Platform of Balaji Telefilms limited 'ALTBalaji'has announced partnership with mobile wallet service provider 'MobiKwik'.
- C Palanivelu has received the 'Dr B C Roy Award'from President Pranab Mukherjee under the 'Eminent Medical Person'category.
- The Govardhan Eco village of ISKCON at Wada Taluka has received an award from water management news portal 'water digest'under 'Best Water NGO-Water Education'category.