DAILY CURRENT AFFAIR: 30TH MARCH
- The National Thermal Power Corporation(NTPC)has commissioned a new 55 Mega watt Solar power Project in bhadla , Rajasthan.
- The State Government of Jharkhand,Defence Research and Development Organisation(DRDO)and Airport Authority of Indiahas signed a tripartite MoU for the development of Deoghar Airport,Jharkhand.
- India has become Net Exporter of Electricity for the first time ever.During April 2016 to february 2017 India has exported around 5,798 Million units to Nepal,Bangladesh,Mayanmar where as import was 5,585 million units from Bhutan.
- The Indian navy has inducted surveillance ship INCLU L51.this ship is the first of the eight ships of landing Craft Utility MK IV to be built.
- The Government of India has imposed 10% import duty on Tur Dal and wheat to protect the interest of farmers.
- Sima kamil has become the first woman to lead a bank in pakistan after the announcement of his appointment as the New president and chief executive officer (CEO)of the United bank limited(UBL).
- The United States president Donald Trump has signed an executive order to roll back the former president barrack Obama's Climate change measures.
- Amazon the US based e-commerce giant has acquired the 'Souq.com' and keep its foot steps in the e-commerce arena of United Arab Emirates.
- A penalty of Rs 20 Lakh has been imposed on ICICI Prudential life Insurance Company by Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority of India(IRDAI) for violation of standard regulations.
- India's one of the most popular e-wallet service provider 'Paytm' become the member of 'Advertising Standard Council of India'.After this membership paytm has become the first e-commerce company to get the membership.
- The total number of Point of Sale(PoS)installations of karnataka bank limited has reached the commendable 10000 mark.
- The SBI Card CEO Vijay Jasuja has announced the launching of a new type of credit card named 'SBI Card Unnati'targeting all SBI customers.The eligibility criteria to avail this card is to have minimum balance of Rs 25000 in his/her savings bank account without any need for credit score or credit history.
- Former South Carolina Governor David Beasley has been appointed as the head of World Food Programme(WFP) by United nations Chief Antonio Guterras.
- Anil Ambani,the reliance group Chairman has been inducted into the Global think tank'The Atlantic Council'based in Washington DC.
- Shazia Ilmi has been appointed as an 'Independent Director 'at Engineers India limited.
- Mr Siddhartha Upadhyay founder and secretary general of Society for Transformation,Inclusion and Recognition through sports has been appointed to the governing body of Sports Authority of India.
- The International Hockey Federation has announced that the capital of Odisha, Bhubaneswar will hold the Men's hockey World league final,2017.
- Ravichandran Ashwin has received the 'Sir Garfield Sobers Trophy'for being the ICC Cricketer of the year as well as ICC Test Cricketer of the year 2016.
- Lionel Messi has been banned from the next four international Football matches starting from the match with Venezuela for the world cup qualifier.
- Noted play writer and Sahitya Akademy winner 'Arun Sarma' has passed away.