DAILY CURRENT AFFAIR:29TH MARCH
- The minister of state for petroleum and natural gas Shri Dharmendra Pradhan has launched MoP&NG e-seva,a grievances redressal platform on Social Media for all queries and grievances relating to oil and gas sector.
- The Employee State Insurance Corporation (ESIC)has launched Mobile Clinic services 'Jan Suraksha Ambulances' for Andhra Pradesh and Telengana.
- Odisha has become the first stat in the country to carry out the financial inclusion and extended banking services to unbanked area through Self help Groups(SHGs).
- The Bharat Dynamics Limited (BDL)has signed a MoU with Larsen and Toubro(L&T)for export of torpedoes.
- The Competition Commission of India (CCI)has levied a reduced penalty of Rs 591 Crore on Coal India Limited for fuel supply pacts.
- Truecaller, an app for finding contacts globally has tied up with 'Google' to integrate Google's video app called Duo within Truecaller app.
- The Syndicate bank has inaugurated 40 'Ananya' transformed branches.Under this project Ananya the bank is going to provide 'best in class'services while improving and modernizing the whole bank.
- The vijaya bank has signed an MoU with Piaggio Vehicles for providing financial supportfor the purchase of vehicles under the Small road Transport Operators(SRTO)scheme in Bengaluru.
- ICICI Bank has entered into a partnership with mobile app firm 'Truecaller'for a new UPI based mobile payment service.
- Vanita Gupta,an Indian origin american has been appointed as the president and CEO of 'The Leadership Conference on Civil and Human Rights'.She has become the first woman to head this prestigious organisation.
- Gurinder Chadha,an Indian origin British director has won the 'Sikh Jewel'Award.Some of his popular works are 'Bhaji on the Beach',Bend it Like Beckham','Bride and prejudice'.
- India has won the final concluding match of the 4 match test series at Dharamsala,Himachal Pradesh and bagged the test series by 2-1.
- Satwiksairaj Rankireddy and chirag Shetty has clinched the $20,000 Vietnam open Intrnational Challenger Badminton Doubles title by beating the Thai pair 'Trawut Potieng' and 'nanthakam Yordphaisong'at the final held in Hanoi,Vietnam.
- Tehmtan R. Andhyarujina ,former solicitor general of India has passed away.