DAILY CURRENT AFFAIR:25TH MARCH
- The Indian Space Research Organisation(ISRO)has commissioned world's third largest Hypersonic Wind Tunnel at the Vikram Sarabhai Space Centre(VSSC)in Thiruvananthapuram, Kerala.
- The Union Government has notified the amended tax treaty with Singapore,under this treaty capital gains tax will be levied at source w.e.f 1st April,2017.
- The State Government of Assam has signed two MoU's with the country's largest lender 'State Bank of India' to provide house loan and education loan at subsidized rate.
- The World bank has signed a loan agreement of 100 Million USD with Uttarakhand in New Delhi for improvement of health care services in all 13 districts of the state.
- The Bharti Airtel has acquired Tikona Digital's 4G airwaves for Rs 1600 Crore in five circles namely Himachal Pradesh , Rajasthan, Uttar Pradesh (West),Uttar Pradesh (East) and Gujarat.
- India has got 87th rank in Global Energy Architecture Performance Index,a slight improvement from the previous year's rank of 90.
- Shri Radha Mohan Singh,Union Minister of Agriculture and Farmers Welfare has launched a Coffee table Book titled '50 Years-The Greatest Indian Milk Revolution' comemorating national Dairy Development Board's golden Jubilee Year.
- The South Indian Bank has launched a new Aadhar based payment in Unified Payment Interface(UPI) app 'SIB M-Pay'.
- Bombay Stock Exchange(BSE) and National Stock Exchange(NSE)will introduce Futures and Options contracts in 15 companies that includes InterGlobe aviation and Indian Bank from 31st March,2017.
- Prominent photo journalist Raghu Rai has been conferred with 'Lifetime Achievement Award'by the Information and Broadcasting (I&B)Minister Venkaiah Naidu at 6th National photography Awards.
- Mathematician Yves meyer has won the 2017 Abel Prize.
- The 8th Laadli Mela awards 2016 has been announced at the Chinmaya mission,new Delhi.