DAILY CURRENT AFFAIR: 24TH MARCH
- The Union Government has approved making of 1,17,814 more affordable houses for Urban poor under the Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana(PMAY).The construction of these houses will be carried out in six states i.e Karnataka,Kerala,Bihar,Jharkhand,Madhya Pradesh and odisha with a total investment of Rs 5573 Crore and with a central assistance of Rs 1816 Crore.
- India has got 131 rank out of 188 countries in Human Development Index of United nations.
- The Chenani-Nashri Tunnel ,India's longest Road tunnel which is built on Jammu-Srinagar National Highway will be inaugurated by Prime Minister Narendra Modi on April 2.
- The National Bank for Agriculture and Rural Development (NABARD) has launched water conservation campaign in Karnataka .Under this campaign NABARD will provide low cost technologies for water conservation and efficient use of water in the drought affected districts.
- The Union Government has signed a 350 million USD loan agreement with Manila based Asian Development Bank(ADB) for improving about 1,500 Kilometers of major district roads in Madhya Pradesh .
- A high level committee has been set up to examine the work of regulatory bodies Central Council of Indian Medicine(CCIM)and Central Council of Homeopathy(CCH) .This committee is headed by Arvind panagariya,Vice Chairman of NITI Aayog.
- The Indian Instituite of Technology,Kharagpur is going to be the first academic institution to get supercomputing facility under the 'National Supercomputing Mission'(NSM).
- The Upper house of Parliament has passed the crucial bill to ensure the rights of HIV/Aids patients.
- The World Sparrow Day is observed across the world on 20th March,2017.
- The world Meteorological Day is observed globally on 23rd March,2017.The theme of this year's World Meteorological Day 2017 is 'Understanding Cloud'to highlight the enormous importance of clouds for weather water and weather climate.\
- The Union cabinet has approved the proposals for amendment to the NABARD Act,1981.Under this amendment has provision that allow Government to increase the authorized capital of NABARD from existing Rs 5000 Crore to Rs 30000 Crore and beyond Rs 30000 Crore in consultation with RBI.
- The state run Housing and urban development Corp.Limited (HUDCO)has got the approval of SEBI to float IPO.
- World's largest android phone maker 'Samsung' has launched its payment application 'Samsung Pay'to provide its customers the new way of payments.
- The Indian All-rounder Ravindra Jadeja has replaced Ravichandran ashwin to become the top test bowler in ICC rankings.
- The Olympic Silver Medalist PV Sindhu has been appointed as the brand ambassador of Pepsico's drink brand Gatorade.
- Ankur Khanna has been appointed as the Chief Financial Officer (CFO)of the Indian Cricket Council(ICC).