DAILY CURRENT AFFAIR:23RD MARCH
- The State Cabinet of Assam has decided to implement the recommendations of 7th pay commission and the recommended pay structure will be effected from 1st April,2016.
- The Second India-UAE conference has been organised by All India Management Association(AIMA) in Dubai with an aim to promote co-operation between the two countries.
- ABB India has got the restoration and modernization work of the 1,035 Sharavathi Hydropower Plant in Karnataka that accounts for 25% of the generation of Karnataka Power Corporation.
- India's premier Space Research Organisation 'ISRO' has commissioned two major facilities a 'Hypersonic Wind Tunnel'and 'Shock Tunnel'at the Vikram sarabhai Space Centre at Thiruvananthapuram.
- The CM Of Assam Sarbananda Sonowal has launched a initiative to make the Majuli India's first carbon neutral island.
- Madhabi Puri Buch has been appointed as the new whole time mmbr of the Securities and Exchange Board of India for the period of three years.
- Soumya Swaminathan,Director of the Indian Council of Medical Research(ICMR) has been named in the UN Group on Antimicrobial Resistance.
- 'World Water Day' is being observed across the Globe on 22nd March.This year's theme was 'waste water'.
- Rs 3 lakh cash Transaction limit has been brought down to Rs 2 lakh because of an unprecedented 40 amendments to the Finance Bill.Aadhar number is also made mandatory for filing IT Returns.
- The Reserve Bank of India has given a proposal to fix the upper limit for Pre-paid payment Instrument to Rs 1 Lakh.The RBI has sought comments on draft circular on Master Directions on Issuance and operation of Pre-paid payment Instruments in India till March 31,2017.
- The Russian bank VTB has decided to close it's only office in New Delhi but will continue its operation in the India.
- Mr Upendra Tripathi has been appointed as the Interim Dirctor General(IDG)of International solar Allliance(ISA)on a full time basis.
- Major Rohit Suri has been awarded India's second highest gallantry award 'Kirti Chakra'by President Pranab Mukherjee.