DAILY CURRENT AFFAIR:22ND MARCH
- According to the recently launched Forbes List of "World Billionaire 2017"India is home to World's 4th highest number of Billionaires.Reliance Industry Chief Mukesh ambani has topped the list of Indian Billionaires with global ranking of 33.The Global list is topped by The Microsoft co-founder Bill Gates.
- The High Court of Uttarakhand has given the status of 'Living Human entities' to the Ganga and Yamuna and the director of Namami Ganga project ,the chief secretary and the advocate general of Uttarakhand will act as the 'Legal Parents'.
- The Union Government is going to launch Country's first 'Sign Language'Dictionary.This dictionary will be the first of its kind in the country.
- The union Government has launched a new 'Solar Energy Scheme'for small Power loom units.
- India has got 122nd rank out of 155 countries in the recently released 'World happiness Report 2017'.
- The International Crops Research Institute for the Semi-Arid Tropics(ICRISAT)and the Indian Council of Agricultural Research(ICAR)has tied up to work on crop improvements and Agronomy programs for dry land cereals and grain legumes.
- The small scale industry body 'Tanstia-FNF Service Centre have signed a Memorandum of understanding(MoU) for transfer of technology of water treatment analysis kits that is specifically designed to treat drinking waters mainly in rural areas.
- India's Navaratna construction company 'National Building Construction Corporation' is going to execute a US 20 Million dollars social housing project in Mauritus.
- Maggie MacDonnell ,a Canadian school teacher has won the 'Annual Global Teacher'award and won the prize money worth of $1 Million USD during the ceremony in Dubai,UAE.
- The Bloomberg has released the '2017 World Health Index',as per the list Italy has emerged as the healthiest country followed by Iceland and Switzerland.
- ICICI Bank has launched a new mobile app named'Mera iMobile'for its rural customers.
- The branches of State bank of Bikaner and Jaipur(SBBJ),State Bank of Hyderabad(SBH),State Bank of Mysore(SBM),State bank of Patiala(SBP)and State bank of Travancore(SBT)will be operated as the branches of State bank of India(SBI)w.e.f 1st April,2017.
- Tamil Nadu has won the prestigious 'Vijay Hazare' trophy by beating Bengal at the final held at Feroj Shah Kotla,New Delhi.
- Cheteshwar Pujara has become the first Indian to face 500 plus balls in an innings.He broke past Rahul Dravid's record of facing 495 balls in a innings.
- Roger Federer has won hif fifth BNP PARIBAS Open,ATP Indian Wells Masters Title by defeating Stan Wawrinka in th final at California,USA.
- Former Rajyasabha MP from Odisha Pyarimohan Mahapatra has passed away at the age of 77 in Mumbai.