DAILY CURRENT AFFAIR:1ST MARCH
- National Science Day is observed across the country on 28th February.Every year 28th February celebrated as national science day to commemorate the great invention'Raman Effect' by Indian physicist Sir Chandrasekhara Venkata Raman on this day in 1928.
- India and Ukraine agreed to strengthen bilateral cooperation through cinema.Union Minister for Information and Broadcasting M Venkaiah Naidu and Member of the Parliament of Ukraine Lurii Artemenko was present during this bilateral agreement.
- Union Railway Minister Suresh Prabhu flagged off Country's first Antyodaya Express train between Howrah and Ernakulam.
- State Government of Haryana has launched an online platform "Sex Ratio monitoring Dashboard" to monitor the sex ratio in Panipat district as part of the "Beti Bachao Beti Padhao".
- Tata Communications has tied up with Hewlett Packard Enterprise(HPE) to kick start the LoRa Network.
- Russia and Iran has reached an agreement to jointly produce Nuclear fuel.Atomic Energy Organisation of Iran(AEOI) announced this news.
- Chinese MNC 'ZTE' has announced the launching of 5G IT Base band Unit(BBU) in collaboration with Intel Corporation.
- Union Government has launched 'Sovereign Gold Bond 2016-17 Series-iv'.This will be the last offerings for 2016-17.
- Public sector bank 'Dena Bank' has tied up with Health Insurer 'Apollo Munich' for bank assurance.
- Small Industrial Development Bank of India(SIDBI) has sanctioned Rs 1,112 Cr to fund the startups on recommendation of the committee 'Venture Capital Investment Committee'.
- India's home grown mobile wallet service provider and E-commerce giant Paytm has launched 'Paytm Mall',a mobile app and online shopping platform.
- Indian skipper Virat Kohli has been named captain of the year at ESPNcricinfo Awards.
- Former Law minister in Indira Gandhi cabinet P Shiv Shankar passed away at the age of 89.