DAILY CURRENT AFFAIR:18TH MARCH
- Indian Institute of Science(IISC) has been named in the Times Higher Education's(THE)'Asia University Ranking 2017'. IISC,Bangalore has topped the list among the Indian Universities and got 27th rank among Asian Universities.
- India's Oil and Natural Gas Corporation is going to invest Rs 21,500 Crore to develop India's deepest gas discovery by 2022-23.This will double the output from the prime KG basin block.
- 'APL Apollo Tubes' has tied up with 'NEXTracker',a solar tracker manufacture.This tie-up will help NEXTracker to increase its local steel content percentage to over 80%.
- The Union Cabinet has approved the MoUs for cooperation between India and Kyrgyz Republic in the field of Sports and youth development.
- India joins 'World Health Organisation(WHO)' and has signed a 'Call for Action'and make a commitment to scale up measures to end Tuberculosis by 2030.
- Pakistan navy has successfully test fired a surface to sea missile.This will strengthen the operation reach of Pakistan navy to launch long range ,anti-ship missiles from land.
- SpaceX,an aerospace manufacturer and space transportation service company has successfully launched the 'Echostar 23 Satelites' by its 'Falcon 9'rocket.
- China and saudi Arabia has signed number of deals worth about 65 Billion Dollars on the eve of 4 day visit by Saudi King Salman.
- Changi airport of Singapore has been voted the World's Best Airport by air travellers at the 2017 World airport awards.Changi Airport has won this award for the consecutive five times.
- The Securities and Exchange Board of India(SEBI) has allowed celebrities to promote Mutual Fund product at the Industry level and also issued a new advertising code that requires fund houses to communicate in a simple manner.
- The Bombay Stock Exchange has tied up with a swiss company Sentifi which has expertise in Algorithm based analysis to get update from social media about 40000 globally listed stocks.
- The Bandhan Bank has entered into an agreement with Avenues India Private Limited to provide merchants access to point of sale(POS)and payment gateway products.
- Dilip Shanghvi ,Manging Director of sun pharma has been appointed by the Union Government as a member of RBI's western board.
- India's one of the most successful female badminton Doubles player Jwala Gutta has been appointed member of the governing body of Sports Authority of India(SAI).
- Indrani Das,an Indian-American teen has won the prestigious 2017 Regeneration Science Talent Search award worth of 2,50000 Dollars.