DAILY CURRENT AFFAIR:17TH MARCH
- The Union Government has approved 'National Health Policy' with a proposal to provide assured health services to all the citizens in the country.
- The Union Cabinet has approved the setting up of 50 Kendriya Vidyalayas(KV) with an aim to provide quality education to approximately 50000 students.
- The executive committee of National Mission for Clean Ganga (NMCG) has approved 20 projects worth of Rs 1900 Cr for speedy implementation of Nmamai Ganga programme in Uttrakhand,Delhi, Bihar and Jharkhand.
- The union Government has approved a new scheme named 'Trade Infrastructure for Export Scheme'(TIES).The main aim of this scheme is to develop export linked infrastructures within states to promote outbound ships.
- The Andhra Pradesh Power generation Company Limited has awarded Rs 415.29 Cr project to McNally Bharat Engineering Company Limited .
- The Bharat Heavy Electricals Limited(BHEL)has commenced the super critical thermal powerplant of 800 MW in Karnataka.
- Chennai Port Trust has signed a MoU with the Government of Puducherry for handling of EXIM cargo originating from Puducherry port hinterland.
- Sanjauli Police station of Shimla,Himachal Pradesh has been linked to Crime and Criminal Tracking Network and Systems(CCTNS).This police station has become the first police station in the country to be linked with this new platform.
- The Annual Krishi Unnati Mela has been kick started in New Delhi.Union Agricultural minister Radha Mohan Singh has inaugurated this.
- Captain Amarinder Singh has been sworn-in as the Chief Minister of Punjab along with 9 ministers for the second time.
- Biren Singh is going to be the next Chief minister of Manipur.
- The United States Government has announced it backing for India's entry into multilateral platform Nuclear Suppliers Group(NSG).
- The contribution of India to the United Nations has rose to Rs 244 Crore,a 55% increase from the previous fiscal.
- The Tata Steel,Wipro has been named in the list of 'World's most Ethical Companies 2017'.
- India's largest public sector bank state bank of India has signed a MoU with 'Confederation of real estate developers Association of India'(CREDAI) to conduct various program for the development of the realt estate sector.
- The HDFC Bank has launched an instant digital 'Loan against Securities(LAS)'facility jointly with the National Securirty Depository Limited (NSDL).
- The UCO Bank has entered into a corporate agency tie up with 'Future General India Insurance(FGII)'Company.
- The State Bank of India has announced a Rs 6,000 Crore one time Tractor loan settlement scheme for farmers.
- The Wholesale Inflation has risen to 6.55% in February,2017,highest in the last 39 months.
- The Retail inflation has reached 3.65% ,highest in the last 4 month.
- The Central Bank has won the first prize for implementation of Official Language policy in the Western Region for the year 2015-16.
- Justice Chittaranjan Sharma has been sworn in as the Upalokayukta of Assam by the Governor of Assam Banwarilal Purohit.
- Popular Bollywood singer and Minister of State For Heavy industries and public enterprises 'Babul Supriyo' has been named Vice-president for the 2017 U-17 FIFA World Cup organizing committee.
- Joanna Rowsell ,two times olympic gold medal winner has nnounced her retirement from International Cycling.