DAILY CURRENT AFFAIR: 12TH MARCH
- The President of India,Shri Pranab Mukherjee has inaugurated the CII-EXIM Bank Conclave on India-Africa Partnership in New Delhi.This conclave is 12th edition of its type.
- The state Government of Himachal Pradesh has launched an mobile application and website 'Mera Hunar HP' in English and Hindi ,job seekers will get benefit from this app.
- Energy Efficiency Services Limited(EESL) and the German Development Bank(kfW)has signed a loan agreement for 200 million euro to raise the energy efficiency in India.
- The Lok Sabha has passed Admiralty (Jurisdiction and settlement of Maritime Claims)Bill,2016.The main aim of the bill is to form a legal framework to consolidate the existing laws which is related to admiralty jurisdiction of courts,admiralty proceedings on maritime claims,related issues and Arrest of Vessels.
- The Islamic republic of Iran has successfully tested a ballistic missile 'Hormuz 2'.
- 'Hindu Marriage Bill,2016'has been passed by the Pakistan National Assembly to regulate marriages of Hindus.
- The United States and Japan are conducting joint navy drills in the East China Sea.
- BP Kanungo has been appointed as the deputy governor of the Reserve Bank of India(RBI) by The Appointments Committee of Cabinet(ACC) for the period of three years.
- Senior Diplomat Manjeev Singh has been appointed as the ambassador of India to Nepal.
- Popular Hollywood Actress Viola Davis has been awarded as the '2017 Harvard's artist of the year Award 'by Harvard Foundation.
- Amir Khan starred 'Dangal' has won the 'Viewer's Choice best Film Award 2017' in Zee Cine awards 2017.Salman khan has won the best actor award whereas Anushka Sharma has been named best actress for their film 'Sultan'.
- Cricket legend Sachin Tendulkar has been appointed as the ambassador of the Women's cricket world cup 2017.
- Scottish physicist Ronald Drever has passed away at the age of 85.He is famous for his pioneer works in Gravitational waves.He is also the co-founder of the 'Laser Interferometer Gravitational Wave Observatory '(LIGO) detectors.
- Eminent scholar in Chemistry 'George Olah' has passed away at the age of 89.He won the Nobel Prize in 1994 for his research in unstable carbon molecules known as Carbocations.