DAILY CURRENT AFFAIR:4TH MARCH
- An anti-ship missile has been successfully test fired from indigenously built Kalvari class submarine by Indian navy for the first time.
- The Union Government has announced the increase in Post Graduate seats in medical colleges and hospitals by over 4000 for the academic session 2017-18.
- The State cabinet of Himachal Pradesh chaired by the Chief Minister Virbhadra Singh has approved the proposal to make Dharamsala the second capital of the state.
- The Centre for Cellular and Molecular Platforms(C-CAMP),technology and innovation hub will house the Regional Entrepreneurship Centre(BREC) , Biotechnology Industry Research Assistance Council(BIRAC) in Bengaluru.
- Gas Authority of India Limited(GAIL)has signed a time swap deal with Swiss trader Gunvor to sell part of its US Liquefied Natural Gas(LNG).
- India's leading public defence research Institution DRDO has handed ovr three developed products 1.Weapon Locating Radar (WLR) SWATHI,2. NBC Recce Vehicle,3. NBC Drugs.This hand over ceremony was presided over by defence minister Manohar Parikkar.
- Singareni Collieries Company Limited has set a new record with coal production of 58.7 Lakh Tons and highest dispatch of 57 Lakh tons in a month during February 2017.
- Jawaharlal Nehru University(JNU) has won the annual Visitor's award for the 'Best University',2017.
- Kurukh,mother tongue to Dravidian families has been given official language status by State Government of West Bengal.
- The Union Government Has made Aadhar mandatory for booking of Railway tickets.
- For the first of its kind Regional Conference of Eastern States on enhancing steel consumption held in Gangtok,Sikkim.
- India and Oman has agreed to enhance their cooperation between their navies .
- Pakistan has approved the merger of Federally Administered Tribal Areas (FATA)with the Khyber-Pakhtunkhwa province.
- United States has launched a classified satelite named NROL-79 of National Reconnaissance Office(NRO) in Space.
- Pakistani diplomat Amjad Hussain B Sial has assumed the charge of secretary-general of South Asian Association for Regional Cooperation(SAARC).
- P K Purwar has been appointed as Chairman and Managing Director of Mahanagar Telephone Nigam Limited(MTNL).
- Maria Sharapova has been given wild card entry for Italian Open to be held in May,2017.