DAILY CURRENT AFFAIR: 2ND MARCH
- India's First Heliport is inaugurated in Rohini,New Delhi.This heliport is built by Public Sector Unit Pawan Hans Ltd and is inaugurated by Union Civil Aviation minister Ashok Gajapathi and Pawan Hans Ltd Chairman and managing Director B P Sharma.
- Reliance Jio has tied up with Cisco to expand Jio's existing Multi-Terabit capacity.
- The Union Ministry of State for Agriculture and Farmers Welfare has launched NDDB's Cattle feed Knowledge Portal in Anand,Gujarat.Parshottam Rupala,minister of State for Agriculture and Farmers has inaugurated this portal.
- The State Government of Assam has decided to appoint a Teacher in All High Schools to monitor Cleanliness.
- The Central Board of Direct Taxes (CBDT)has signed 10 more Unilateral Advance Pricing Agreements(APA) with Indian Tax payers in order to reduce litigation by providing crtainty in transfer pricing.
- Radhanagar Beach of Havelock Island in the Andamans has been featured among the Top 10 in TripAdvisor's 'World Travellers' Choice Award-Winning Beaches'.
- American Express has launched an Buyer Initiated Payments (BIP),an electronic payment platform linked to Corporate Card .This new system will eliminate payment through cheques or drafts.
- Dubai International Financial Centre (DIFC)has signed pact with Gujrat International Finance Tec (GIFT)City to exchange views and expertise in the fields of Banking and Financial Services as well as Regulatory Practices.
- Georgia has been approved the visa-free Travel by European Member States.
- The Union Ministry of IT and Electronics(MEITY)has been given the responsibility of promoting digital transactions in the country.
- i-Select term Life Insurance plan has been launched by Canara Bank,HSBC and Oriental Bank of Commerce.
- OECD,Paris based think tank Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development has downgraded India's Growth Forecast to 7% from 7.4% for the Financial year 2016-17.
- Lakshmi Vilas Bank has tied up with Centrum Group .Lakshmi Vilas Bank has will refer its High Net Worth Individuals (NHI)to Centrum Group to manage its wealth and family office services.
- SIDBI has signed an agreement with the Capital Small Finance Bank(CSFB)to provide loans to MSME's. through a multi-prolonged strategy of concessionl funding at MCLR of CSFB(9.06%)under refinance from SIDBI.
- Sumit Mullick has been appointed as Chief Secretary of Maharashtra.
- Author Neil Gaiman has been appointed as Goodwill Ambassador of UN Refugee Agency,UNCHR by Fillipo Grandi.
- Ms. Shanta Rangaswamy has become First woman to be honoured with BCCI Lifetime Achievement Award.
- Jitu Rai won bronze in ISSF World Cup in 10metr Air Pistol shooting.
- Jitu Rai wins Gold in 50m Free pistol in ISSF World Cup.
- Amanpreet Singh wins Silver in 50m Free Pistol.
- Tarun kona and Alwin francis wins Uganda International Series Doubles Title in Men's Category.