DAILY CURRENT AFFAIR:15TH MARCH
- The Chief minister of Telengana K Chandrasekhar Rao has announced an innovative scheme 'KCR Kit'for pregnant ladies and new born babies.He announced a package of Rs 605 Cr for this scheme which will manage the complications during pregnancy and will reduce Infant Mortality Rate.
- The State Government of Karnataka has announced an 'Idea2POC'(Proof of concept)fund of Rs 10 Crore for women entrepreneurs.
- The State Government of Arunachal Pradesh has announced a new scheme 'Adarsh Gram Yojana'.Under this scheme 123 villages will be developed as the 'Model Village' during the fiscal year 2017-18.
- The IT Cell of AIADMK has launched a mobile app named 'Ammavin Aran'.With this app users can get the map details and contact number of the nearest police station and hospitals.
- Vishwanath Mahadeshwar has been elected as the Mayor of Mumbai corporation with the support from Bharatiya Janata Party(BJP).
- National Thermal Power Corporation(NTPC)installed India's largest floating solar PV Plant with capacity of 100 KW in Kayamkulam, Kerala.
- Chinese smart phone maker One Plus has appointed 'Amitabh Bachchan'as its Brand ambassador for India.
- World's largest semiconductor Chip maker 'Intel'is going to buy Israeli driver less car technology firm 'Mobileye' for 15.3 billion dollars.
- 'Hyundai Engineering Company'of South Korea has signed an 3.2 billion USD deal with Iranian investment fund to invest major oil projects in Iran.
- The House of Lords in UK has passed the 'Brexit Bill',allowing the government to trigger the article 50 so that the UK can leave the European Union.
- The republic of Bangladesh declares the 'March 25'as the Genocide day.
- The Airtel Payments Bank ,a subsidiary of the telecom major 'Bharti Airtel' has announced the opening of over 1 Lakh Savings Bank Account in 100 villages across Tamil Nadu.
- The Reserve Bank of India has announced that ICICI bank has topped the listy of most number of frauds in the current fiscal followed by largest public sector bank SBI.
- Lee Chong Wei from Malaysia has won the Men's title in All England Open Badminton Championship.
- The Court of Arbitration for Sport(CAS)has slapped a life time ban on Sergei Potugalov for supplying athletes with banned substances.