DAILY CURRENT AFFAIR: 13 TH JANUARY
- XCMG, a global construction company based in China will invest Rs 150 million in a new manufacturing unit in India.
- World's first 'Gender Literature Fest' will be held in Patna,Bihar in the second week of April,2017.This festival will be conducted by Gender Resource Center of Bihar's Women Development Corporation.
- Consulate General of India in Dubai announced the launching of 'Diplomats Cricket Championship Cup' in association with the Skyline University College,Sharjah to promote sportsmanship,camaraderie and harmonious relationship among the diplomatic missions of UAE.
- Rajasthan Rajya Vidyut Utpadan Nigam Ltd and Rajasthan Urja Vikas Nigam Ltd has signed a non-binding MOU with NTPC Ltd for takeover of Chhabra Thermal Power Plant Stage-I (4x250 MW) and Stage II (2x660 MW) of Rajasthan Urja Vikas Nigam by NTPC Ltd.
- Union Government of India is moving ahead with Strategic sale of Pawan Hans stake of 51% and transfer the management control.'Pawan Hans' is a joint venture where state-owned ONGC hold 49%.
- NITI Aayog government of India think tank has estimated the India GDP Growth rate of 8% for 2016-17 based on appraisal document for the 12 th Five-year Plan.
- Global Unemployment rate is going to rise by 3.4 Million in 2017 despite a slight improvement in Economic Growth at 3.4% in 2017 and 3.6% in 2018 against a six-year low of 3.1% in 2016,predicted by Geneva based International Labour Organisation.
- India's industrial production grew by 5.7% in November,2016,compared to the increase of 3.4% in November,2015.
- Mahendra Asset Management Company Pvt Limited(MAMPCL) has launched Mahindra Mutual Fund Dhan Sanchay Yojna Scheme.The scheme will provide investors long-term returns through investment in equity and debt.The scheme will close on 24 th January,2017 and will open again for sale and repurchase from February 8,2017.
- Retail Inflation fell to a nearly 3-year low of 3.41% in December 2016 from 3.63% in November,2016.
- Union Government of India has announced the minimum monthly pension to 9,000 per person.
- Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) Mumbai unit chief Ashish Shelar has been appointed as Maharashtra Cricket Association (MCA) president.He will replace former ICC President Sharad Pawar.
- Tata Consultancy Services has appointed Rajesh Gopinathan as CEO of the company.He replaces N Chandrasekharan who has been named the chairperson of Tata Sons.
- Tata Consultancy Service(TCS) has named N Ganapathy Subramaniam as Chief Operating Officer.