DAILY CURRENT AFFAIR: 9TH JANUARY
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi inaugurates 'Vibrant Gujarat Global Investors Summit 2017' along with series of other programs.
- World's largest street light replacement program has been kick started by Union Power Minister Piyush Goyal in South Delhi Municipal Corporation Area(SDMC).During this event he also launched a mobile app called 'Energy Efficiency Services Limited'(EESL) complain app for SDMC citizens.
- Vijaywada will host first Digi Dhan Mela of Andhra Pradesh.Digi Dhan Mela are organised across country to promote cashless transactions.
- 11 th annual Blind Challenge Car Rally held in Bhopal,Madhya Pradesh to raise awareness about the issues concerning the visually-impaired.
- Gujrat become the first state in India to come up with Student Start Up fund aiming to provide Rs 200 Cr as grant for developing innovative ideas.
- World 800 meter Champion and Olympic medal winner David Rudisha will be International event Ambassador for the '14 th Standard Chatered Mumbai Marathon' to be held in January 15th,2017.
- Employees Providend Fund Organisation (EPFO) has made registration of Aadhaar Card mandatory for its almost 50 lakh Pensioners and 4 Cr subscribers.
- Public sector bank 'Bank of India' reduces its interest rates on retail loans that include house loans ,vehicle loan.The bank earlier reduced MCLR by up to 90 basis points.
- In a bit relief to Debit card ,credit card users Petrol Pump owners postponed their decision of not to accept credit,debit card payments for fuel sales till 13 th January,2017.
- State Bank of India Pensions Fund Limited (SBIPFPL) appoints 'Kumar Sharadindu' as the MD & CEO of the company.
- Roberto Bautista Agut from Spain won Men's Single Title of the Chennai Open.At final he beat 20 year old Daniil Medvedev from Russia by 6-3 and 6-4.
- Akbar Hashemi Rafsanjani ,former president of Iran had died at the age of 82 due to massive heart attack.