DAILY CURRENT AFFAIR: 7TH AND 8TH JANUARY
- 14 th 'Pravasi Bhartiya Divas' convention begins in Bengaluru,Karnataka.The program begins with Youth PBD,the theme of which is 'Rola of Disaspora Youth in the Transformation of India'.
- All India Conference of Waqf board begins in New Delhi.The conference was inaugurated by Minister of States for Minority Affairs Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi.
- Japan has decided to commit itself with the development of Chennai,Varanasi,Ahmedabad smart city projects.This news has been conveyed by Japan's ambassador to India Mr.Kenji Hiramatsu during his meeting with Union Urban minister Sri M.Venkaiah Naidu.
- Per capita income of India likely to cross Rs 1 Lakh in the Financial Year 2016-17.
- Over 30 Indian-origin entrepreneurs,innovators and leaders has been named in the 2017 edition of Forbe's list of super achievers under the age of 30.
- 9 days long famous 'Delhi International Book Fair' kick starts in Delhi Pragati Maidan.The theme for this year's event is 'Manushi'which focuses on writings on and by women.Minister of HRD Prakash Javadekar will inaugurate the theme pavillion.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi and Portugal Counterpart Dr Antonio Costa has inaugurated the main convention of Pravasi Bharatiya Diwas on 14th January in Bengaluru,Karnataka.
- The Budget session of Parliament will start from January 31,a day before the Union Budget .
- Castrol and Tata Motors have signed a 3- year strategic partnership agreement.Under this agreement Castrol will supply commercial vehicle oil to Tata Motors globally.
- World's largest 'Gravitational Wave Telescope' will be set by China in Tibet Perfecture close to Line of Actual Control with India.
- US President elect Donald Trump has named Dan Coats as his National Intelligence Director.
- Longest high speed train service of China has been launched .This service will be from Kunming Capital of South west China's Yunnan Province to Bejing.
- China's Foreign Exchange Reserve fall by USD 320 Billion in 2016 as per Central Bank Of China.
- India's online automobile transaction market place'Droom' tied up with AXIS Bank to provide quick loans on new and used cars.
- The Reserve Bank Of India has declared that Foreign Exchange Reserves has rose by $625.5 million to $360.296 Billion in the last week of December,2016.
- Novak Djokovic has won Qatar Open Tennis Title in Doha,Qatar.At final he beat Andy Murray of UK by 6-3,5-7,6-4.
- Indian tennis ace Sania Mirza picked up her first title Brisbane International Women's Doubles title of the season , with American Bethanie Mattek-Sands.