DAILY CURRENT AFFAIR : 4 TH JANUARY
- Assembly elections dates for five states Uttar Pradesh,Uttarakhand,Punjab,Manipur and Goa has been declared by the Election Commission of India.
- A three month campaign'Enrollment and Establishing coverage Campaign 2017' has been launched by Employees Provident Fund Organisation(EPFO) on 1st January,2017 to encourage firms to enroll their workers under schemes run by EPFO.
- A day-long Digi Dhan Mela is being organised by Union Government and Financial Institutions in Meerut on 4th January,2017.
- Parliamentary Cabinet has approved signing and ratifying an agreement between India and Uruguay regarding mutual assistance and cooperation in Custom Matters.
- Finland has become first country in the world to introduce basic income for its unemployed citizens to reduce the poverty level, motivate people to join workforce.
- Famous festival of Nepal Chitwan Elephant Festival has been inaugurated in Sauraha,Nepal gateway to Chitwan National Park where the festival is observed.Current festival will be 13 th edition of it's type.
- United Kingdom's ambassador to the European Union 'Ivan Rogers' resigned from his post in European Union.
- Mithali Raj will be skipper of Indian Women Cricket Team for International Cricket Council (ICC) world cup qualifiers which will be started from 3 rd February,2017.
- Karnatka State Cricket Association (KSCA) bearers Brijesh Patel,Ashok Anand and Dayananda Pai have resigned from the post of KSCA Secretary, President and Treasurer after the historical verdict of Supreme Court of India.
- Justice Jagdish Singh Khehar has been sworn-in as the 44 th Chief Justice of India .Justice Jagdish Khehar has been preceded by Tirath Singh Thakur.