DAILY CURRENT AFFAIR:22ND AND 23RD JANUARY
- Himachal Pradesh is doing better than Kerala according to the Annual Status Report(ASER)2016.According to this report Highest rate of children who can read a standard II level of text in the country.This stands at 47% for standard III level of learning ,a 70.5 % for standard V and 87.9% for standard VIII.
- Gujarat has set a new world record at an event,over 3.5 lakh singing national anthem in a single event.
- Bihar has formed world's longest human chain of 11,292 kilometers involving over two crore citizens against alcoholism and liquor.
- Special task force(STF) for women safety has been formed under the chairmanship of Lieutenant Governor(L-G)of Delhi Anil Baijal.The L-G will be the chairperson of the task force and including him there will be 17 members in it.The task force will conduct a meeting in every 15 days.the Delhi Commission for Women(DCW) chief Swati Maliwal is also the member of the STF.
- Russian Railways has tied up with Indian railway for improvement of the Railway Transport.Russian Railway help India to increase speed of the trains upto 200 kmph.Currently both railway organisation are working on a 575 km stretch between Nagpur and Secundrabad and submitted a preliminary report.
- A Bengaluru based startup 'TeamIndus' proposed a nameplate on the moon for Rs 500.Indians are offered with opportunity to leave their names on the moon,for a price.
- The Competition Commission of India (CCI) has given its approval to proposed merger of online travel firm Makemytrip's indian travel business with rival Ibibo Group.
- Apple has emerged as the most innovative company for 2016. according to Boston Consulting Group's(BCG)annual list.
- Hong-kong has withdrawn its Visa on arrival facility to Indians travelling there with an effect from 23rd January,2017.
- Sadhvi Niranjan Jyoti,minister of state for food processing industries has announced that Union government will allow 100% Foreign Direct Investment(FDI) in food processing sector.
- Bank of Baroda has tied up with Dairy firm Kwality Ltd to provide Rs 4000 Cr to one lakh farmers of the established network from which the company procure it's milk.
- Urdu Poet Naqsh Lyallpuri has died at the age of 88.